Gas Card crisis

JustDeliverIt

We have pumps at our center and they still give 30 to 40 drivers cards in our center, not sure how the other center in our building is doing it. They say we have too long of lines at the pumps every night so some drivers have to fuel on route.

I had one for my other route and just kept it in the document pouch. Only worked with my ID and that truck anyways. Switched routes and they didn't get me one for this route so I fuel up back at the building even though I'm supposed to fuel on the road. Mentioned it once to my on car, never got me one. Not my problem. Plus, I'd rather fuel up back at the building every night anyways.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We have our own fuel pumps and car wash fuels the trucks every other day.
We have cards for all but a few trucks. Of course cards get lost. Drivers take them home on vacation. Management acts like it is the end of the freaking world when a gas card goes missing. Lol

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Maybe if you read the thread you'd be able to educate yourself.

Also I wasn't just talking about his specific center. Drivers being responsible for gas cards is because of lazy management. I have the same diad board every day but I don't take that home or the keys to the truck.
Lol you have the same diad every day.

Found the new bubble of goodness y’all.

rod

Retired 22 years
I used a gas card for probably the last 5 years at a station that offered free car washes with so many gallons used. When I retired I had enough free washes saved up to get my personal vehicles washed free for 3 years.

ManInBrown

Sorry I am out of fuel I will sit here for $60 an hour on overtime and wait for a tow truck or for someone else to bring me a fuel out.
Years ago during peak I forget what happened but our fuel pumps were busted. I was on E In the morning before leaving. center manager first asks me can I pay for fuel and bring back a receipt and he’ll give it to me out of petty cash. Got a good chuckle out of that one. Then he went into the office and brought me out an orange credit card, if I remember correctly pretty sure it was orange. I get to the gas station about ten minutes away, card won’t work. Sat there till 1pm waiting for him to come out and pay for my gas. Good times.

rod

Retired 22 years
We used to petty cash fuel all the time. That was back when you didn't have to kiss your bosses ass to get re-emberssed. You just took it out of your COD money.

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
Word is the company thinks that if some drivers will work off the clock, and work through their lunch and break, then some will be willing to pay to fuel their trucks out of their own pocket.
You know with the way this is going lately I wouldn't be surprised. I'm positive we will be doing our own maintenance before the end of the year to save a few bucks.