Gas Prices

wkmac

100 years ago most cities (big and small) had a cable car or trolly system. In the 40's and 50's most of these systems were abandoned and the tracks tore up. Some systems were replaced with buses but most cities just gave up on mass transit because everyone had their own car to drive. Now the roads are clogged with vehicals and the cities would give anything to have a commuter rail system back but they can't afford to replace what they once already had.

http://youtu.be/ectN2KTwMSM

Watch the documentary "Taken for a Ride" because the death of trolleys and street cars may not have been as antiseptic as everyone all of a sudden had a car to drive.

[video=youtube;rAc4w11Yzys]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAc4w11Yzys[/video]

Sounds like another case of Bob taking advantage of Alice, Ted and Carol with some help from John, Bob's partner!
:wink2:

klein

Für Meno :)
I don't see why not.
Who else has placed a 10 year ban on all drilling, thus intentional decreasing supply while demand is increasing.

Yeah, the US would be much better off, to squeeze every little drop of what they have.
Who gives a friend..k about the next generations, right ?

Greed at it's best !

Take SS, medicare, and even oil away, and leave a few dozen trillion$ for them to pay off.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
klien, who is it again that your country sells it's oil too ?
When your supply drys up, your kids will still have their dogsleds.

klein

It's looking more and more like endless supplies in Canada.
Alberta alone can handle the entire worlds oil demand for over 200 years.

Now Saskatchawan, has found a simular oilsand reserve.
No wonder our governments are trying very hard to sell the US more oil, but the US isn't much interested in it. Therefor, deals with China are being made, including a pipeline to the west coast, for tankers to ship it across the ocean.

(makes a lot of sense - we ship half way around the world, and the US imports from half the way around the world) !
There goes a few barrels on trading tactics.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
a 200 year supply......well now we will never need an electric cars, time to bring back the V8 muscle cars of the 60'-70's

wkmac

I've been told they gave up the dog sleds because the dogs required so much upkeep. Now the kids just hang outside the bars looking for the first passed out frozen drunk and they use the stiff for a snow board.

klein

Alcohol is hard to freeze, mac ! You should know that.

Put a bottle of 45% vodka in the freezer, it won't freeze !

wkmac

Alcohol is hard to freeze, mac ! You should know that.

Put a bottle of 45% vodka in the freezer, it won't freeze !

DoubleFacePalm.jpg

klein

Tell us again about your degrees??? what are they supposed to be for?

Vodka is about 40% ethyl alcohol, which has a freezing point of -114C. If we assume the other 60% is water (which freezes at 0C), then the freezing point of vodka is -114C x 0.40 + 0C x 0.60 = -46C. But, a normal household freezer wont go down to -46C, therefore it won 't freeze.

The above calculation is done with a 40% alcohol content.(Polar Ice Vodka, I just bought for my older brother yesterday - he's here visiting).
We don't have "proof percentages" here or in Europe. (metric, remember) ?
We go by the actual alcohol content.

Vodka is about 40% ethyl alcohol, which has a freezing point of -114C. If we assume the other 60% is water (which freezes at 0C), then the freezing point of vodka is -114C x 0.40 + 0C x 0.60 = -46C. But, a normal household freezer wont go down to -46C, therefore it won 't freeze.

The above calculation is done with a 40% alcohol content.(Polar Ice Vodka, I just bought for my older brother yesterday - he's here visiting).
We don't have "proof percentages" here or in Europe. (metric, remember) ?
We go by the actual alcohol content.
I didn't see anyone say or suggest alcohol would freeze , I did however see it mentioned that DRUNKS do.

klein

In the winter here, we actually have winter gas formula at the gas pumps. Contains Ethenol to keep it from freezing (condensation).

However, I just get the highest Octane gas in the winter, that will do the trick, too, plus it's great for cleaning out the fuel injection system, and I do get more milage.

In the winter here, we actually have winter gas formula at the gas pumps. Contains Ethenol to keep it from freezing (condensation).

However, I just get the highest Octane gas in the winter, that will do the trick, too, plus it's great for cleaning out the fuel injection system, and I do get more milage.
Nice twist, but that dawg ain't gonna hunt. The conversation was not about gasoline freezing and you dang well know it.

klein

Geez, I was just trying to add some humour, when I said drunks don't get stiff, because of their alcohol content.
At 0.5% alcohol in blood, your dead ! Nowhere near the 30 or 40% someone would need ! LOL

wkmac

Geez, I was just trying to add some humour, when I said drunks don't get stiff, because of their alcohol content.
At 0.5% alcohol in blood, your dead ! Nowhere near the 30 or 40% someone would need ! LOL

Oh Klein, don't misunderstand at all. I found what you said quite humorous but it may not have been your intent which had me laughing!

:wink2: