Gay marriage ban struck down in california

bbsam

Staff member
I can and I will and I will keep my mouth shut (for the most part) and be pleasant. But it doesn't mean I WANT to go.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Same Sex Marriage

httpaw.gif

moreluck

golden ticket member
Not gonna happen.

Via Washington Times:
The Coalition of African American Pastors has demanded a meeting with President Obama to try to change his mind on his personal embrace of same-sex marriage.

The pastors fired off a letter this week to Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. asking him to set up the meeting with the president, and painted their quest as a civil rights cause.

“I can promise you personally, as an organizer of the civil rights movement in Nashville, I did not march one inch, one foot, one yard for same-sex marriage,” said Rev. William “Bill” Owens Sr., founder of the coalition and organizer of the letter.

Pollsters have wondered how Mr. Obama’s decision to embrace same-sex marriage would play with various segments of voters, and in particular with black church-going Christians, who generally tell pollsters they support the president but many of whom are also opposed to gay marriage.

“Some things are bigger than the next election,” the pastors said in their letter.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Not gonna happen.

Via Washington Times:
The Coalition of African American Pastors has demanded a meeting with President Obama to try to change his mind on his personal embrace of same-sex marriage.

The pastors fired off a letter this week to Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. asking him to set up the meeting with the president, and painted their quest as a civil rights cause.

“I can promise you personally, as an organizer of the civil rights movement in Nashville, I did not march one inch, one foot, one yard for same-sex marriage,” said Rev. William “Bill” Owens Sr., founder of the coalition and organizer of the letter.

Pollsters have wondered how Mr. Obama’s decision to embrace same-sex marriage would play with various segments of voters, and in particular with black church-going Christians, who generally tell pollsters they support the president but many of whom are also opposed to gay marriage.

“Some things are bigger than the next election,” the pastors said in their letter.

YAWN!

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Why do you say that? It is true, but why do you believe it true?

I didnt say it, but in this case I agree with it. Thats because, in this case, their alternative is Mitt Romney. Which is why this white, gun-owning Oregon hick will be also be voting for Obama. I disagree with Obama on any number of issues, but I believe him to be an honorable man and I admire his "evolution" on the subject of gay marriage even though I think he really felt that way all along and was just keeping his mouth shut until he got elected. Which is the same thing I would have done if I had been in his shoes. Politics is the art of the possible, and it isnt possible to do anything for the cause of gay rights without getting elected first.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I didnt say it, but in this case I agree with it. Thats because, in this case, their alternative is Mitt Romney. Which is why this white, gun-owning Oregon hick will be also be voting for Obama. I disagree with Obama on any number of issues, but I believe him to be an honorable man and I admire his "evolution" on the subject of gay marriage even though I think he really felt that way all along and was just keeping his mouth shut until he got elected. Which is the same thing I would have done if I had been in his shoes. Politics is the art of the possible, and it isnt possible to do anything for the cause of gay rights without getting elected first.
You'd still vote for him if he tried to take guns away?

NRA official: Obama wants to outlaw guns in 2nd term - Washington Times

wkmac

What evidence did La Pierre offer to support his claim that a 1st term conspiracy was there which would equal a 2nd term gun grab? IMO, Obama was for the most part silent on guns and I see nothing at this time that he will do anything different should he get a 2nd term. Whoever gets elected will have far, far bigger fish to fry than taking away Billy Bob's gun collection. Spending political leverage for those ends would be politically stupid.

As for SCOTUS, the odds of 2 justices coming on board and overtuning a sitting court who recently ruled in favor of gun owners is not only highly unlikely but all but absurd at this time. Scare mongering at it's best IMO by La Pierre in the hopes of whipping up gun owner frenzy mostly for the republican cause.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
What evidence did La Pierre offer to support his claim that a 1st term conspiracy was there which would equal a 2nd term gun grab? IMO, Obama was for the most part silent on guns and I see nothing at this time that he will do anything different should he get a 2nd term. Whoever gets elected will have far, far bigger fish to fry than taking away Billy Bob's gun collection. Spending political leverage for those ends would be politically stupid.

As for SCOTUS, the odds of 2 justices coming on board and overtuning a sitting court who recently ruled in favor of gun owners is not only highly unlikely but all but absurd at this time. Scare mongering at it's best IMO by La Pierre in the hopes of whipping up gun owner frenzy mostly for the republican cause.
Precisely.