Gay Rights

Dfigtree

Management and administrative staff in the company nationwide already receive domestic partnership benefits.
Before Monday, the company had said it wanted to extend them to all its hourly union workers, but couldn't outside its collective bargaining agreements.

And somehow now it can because of a letter from Parnelli Corzine?

civilrightsfighter

UPS Civil Rights Fighter
MSNBC.com
UPS changes stance on New Jersey gay unions
Governor lobbies firm to extend health benefits to employees’ partners
The Associated Press
Updated: 3:12 p.m. CT July 30, 2007

MOUNT LAUREL, N.J. - After persuasion from New Jersey’s governor and attorney general, UPS Inc. said Monday that it would extend health insurance benefits to the civil union partners of gay employees in New Jersey covered by a union contract.
The policy change has to do with New Jersey’s civil unions law, which took effect in February, and seeks to give gay couples the same rights in the state as married couples.
Gov. Jon S. Corzine sent Atlanta-based UPS a letter on July 20 asking the shipping company, also known as United Parcel Service, to change its stance.
The company had previously said that civil union partners were legally different from spouses, and therefore, the partners were not entitled to the same benefits that spouses of the company’s hourly workers receive.
Gay rights advocates say UPS had a faulty legal interpretation.
They say that many other employers, though, have taken the same stance. The advocates maintain that gay couples would get equal treatment only if they are allowed to marry.
UPS spokesman Norman Black said the company is reviewing its policies in Connecticut and Vermont, which also offer civil unions.
Management and administrative staff in the company nationwide already receive domestic partnership benefits.
Before Monday, the company had said it wanted to extend them to all its hourly union workers, but couldn’t outside its collective bargaining agreements. The only exception was in Massachusetts, where gay marriage is legal.

over9five

Staff member
"Despite all the absurdity on this thread UPS does the right thing.

Kinda makes you think doesn't it?"

They did the politically correct thing, NOT the right thing! There IS a difference.

Overpaid Union Thug

"Despite all the absurdity on this thread UPS does the right thing.

Kinda makes you think doesn't it?"

They did the politically correct thing, NOT the right thing! There IS a difference.

Just more proof that political correctness, with the help of Liberalism, is spreading the cancer of moral decay through this country like a tidal wave.

ups_vette

Just more proof that political correctness, with the help of Liberalism, is spreading the cancer of moral decay through this country like a tidal wave.

This sounds exactly like the hate Hitler and the Natzi party were speaking about the Jews, and how they were destroying the moral fabric of Germany.

It also reminds me of the times when the Whites of America were arguing that recognizing Black Americans as equals was "spreading the cancer of moral decay through this country like a tidal wave." If we didn't stop this "moral decay" Blacks would be given the right to vote, to not be discriminated against, and heaven forbid, marry White women. We can not allow this to happen, it will destroy Ameriica.

This proves that there will always be people so filled with hate for things they don't agree with that they express that hatred in the most bitter of terms.

hoser

Industrial Slob
Only in the state of NJ? Or does NJ now force us to do the same in every state?

how do we monitor domestic relationship that are not bound by marriage. When did the relationship start when did it end? No marriage license no divorce papers.

What if NJ now wants us to recognize beastial relationships do we now abide by that law in that one state also.
didn't you see 'i now pronounce you chuck and larry'!!!?!?!? there was like, this enforcement guy that dug through their trash trying to establish if those two doods were actually gay.

god tie, if you took the time to engage in the crap that comes out of hollywood, you wouldn't have made such an off base point

:lol:

oh, and the 'first we allow two people of the same sex who love each other to have the same benefits extended to them as heterosexual partners, the next thing is inevitably we'll allow bestiality' is such a flawed and asinine statement that it lost merit the second it came out of that :censored2: congressman's mouth. well, actually, i'll give him 10 seconds of merit because we had to think that one through really hard because of how stupid of an argument it was.

Overpaid Union Thug

This sounds exactly like the hate Hitler and the Natzi party were speaking about the Jews, and how they were destroying the moral fabric of Germany.

It also reminds me of the times when the Whites of America were arguing that recognizing Black Americans as equals was "spreading the cancer of moral decay through this country like a tidal wave." If we didn't stop this "moral decay" Blacks would be given the right to vote, to not be discriminated against, and heaven forbid, marry White women. We can not allow this to happen, it will destroy Ameriica.

This proves that there will always be people so filled with hate for things they don't agree with that they express that hatred in the most bitter of terms.

LOL! Is that the best you can come up with? The hate card? Go jump in a cold pool and wake up.

dammor

Big Arrow up I share your veiws......

Here's an idea. If you hate what the company is thinking of doing then quit. How can you work for a company that would allow gay people to have the same rights as you? I hear Pat Robertson is looking for a few good people.

browned out

I don't have anything against whites, blacks, yellows, tans, reds, or any other skin tones or races. Lets all just get along

We all bleed the same color.

BROWN:thumbup1:

krash

Go big orange
LOL! Is that the best you can come up with? The hate card? Go jump in a cold pool and wake up.
Thats all they ever spout when someone doesn't accept there lifestyle. They want to shove it down our throat(no pun intended) and if we refuse to accept they wanna squeal "you biggot" or "hate monger". It is no different than pedophilia, bestiality, incest, necrophilia, etc........
I'm sure Barney who is attracted to his pet goat fills it's love too. Or Chester who is attracted to toddlers feels it's more than a physical attraction. There is nothing normal about any of these or two men having at it. They know it's not that's why there pushing for recognition to ease there own concidense. If you choose that life style so be it. But don't run around thinking that we all have to accept it.

seachange

MORAL DECAY! are you serious?! Gays have been around since the dawn of time. I'll tell you what's causing the fabric of our society to deteriorate (read: moral decay)... its the paris hilton's, lindsey lohans, and britney spears of today. the media, and let's face it america, has been fascinated by their non respect of the law. and sadly, our children of today look up to these 'celebrity's'. I think there is alot more to worry about in this world than who sleeps with whom. just my opinion...:wink:

ups_vette

You're the one who played the so called "hate card', I just called you out on it In here you can't hide behind your hood and robe, you're out in the open for all to see.

It is you who needs to wake up, it's now the 21st Century while you're still living in the 20th Century.

brazenbrown

People are entitled to express their opinions!:thumbup1:

Unfortunately on this thread some of you have taken it beyond that by equating gay people to a whole variety of vulgar things while hiding behind your own beliefs with a defunct shield of justification.

Until this thread the true colors of what some of you are made of hadn't really shown through to this degree. The personal insults, the underlying hate and the crude and even proud delivery of your shared opinions was a real testament to who you really are.

It's a damn shame you could not rise above the temptation to express yourselves otherwise!:sad:

There are also many good posts on here too, the ones you can read that are interesting and compassionate to other human beings.:thumbup1:

steeltoe

Can some one please answer my question a couple of pages ago. This is for the people who believe that being gay is a choice.

When did you decide to be a heterosexual? You must remember the exact day. This was a life changing experience. Furthermore, how do you chose to not be gay on a daily basis? If it is a choice, you can obviously change your mind each day.

In addition, be sure to talk to your kids everyday about this choice. You would not want them to make the wrong choice.

Do you see how these questions sound so very uneducated.

I know for a fact that I did not chose to be a heterosexual. I was born this way. I chose to act on my feelings for the opposite sex. I never chose to be aroused by the opposite sex. I can never chose to be aroused by the same sex, because I was born to be aroused by women.

Overpaid Union Thug

You're the one who played the so called "hate card', I just called you out on it In here you can't hide behind your hood and robe, you're out in the open for all to see.

It is you who needs to wake up, it's now the 21st Century while you're still living in the 20th Century.

You have called no one out on anything. All you have done is drop the typical Liberal bomb and then stood up to clap for yourself. And since you mentioned being "out in the open" for all to see I have a question for you about that very thing....Are you gay? I found it hard to believe you are not and are just a cheer leader for their cause.