GDP UP

I'm not jumping on that stupid Tea party lie. That is for stupid people that just love the Republican lie. Bush is the real reason this country is 12 trillion in debt and you can't say its Obama. I will say the Democrats had the majority in congress for the last 5 years and they are just as much to blame but to say that stimulus is bad for our country is just stupid. It has to be done and then we can start to tackle the debt.

You don't think a tax is money coming out of the economy? I will give you $1 today if you give me $2 next year and $3 in 2012 and even $5 in 2015.

bbsam

Staff member
Can anybody here find 5 well respected economists right or left who said 14 months ago that the stimulus was not needed?

bbsam

Staff member
Wow. It's been over 25 hours since the above question. So can I assume that we can put to rest all this crying about the deficit since everyone going in was pretty much of the mindset that it had to be done?

tieguy

Banned
Can anybody here find 5 well respected economists right or left who said 14 months ago that the stimulus was not needed?

I cant find one economist that said a stimulus package targeted towards democratic districts and loaded with pork was needed.

av8torntn

Wow. It's been over 25 hours since the above question. So can I assume that we can put to rest all this crying about the deficit since everyone going in was pretty much of the mindset that it had to be done?

I thought it was a joke as there were hundreds. Just five?

1)John Cochrane

2)Thomas Sargent

3)James Buchanan

4)William Shughart II

5)Vernon Smith

I am thinking a couple of Nobel guys in this group. Maybe, maybe not.

bbsam

Staff member
Baba
Are you becoming a convert? The three articles you posted seem to point exactly to what President Obama is aiming at fixing in "going after Wall Street". Although the stimulus package had some effect, noone was suggesting in was the end of the crisis.

bbsam

Staff member
I thought it was a joke as there were hundreds. Just five?

1)John Cochrane

2)Thomas Sargent

3)James Buchanan

4)William Shughart II

5)Vernon Smith

I am thinking a couple of Nobel guys in this group. Maybe, maybe not.

I had never read of this before. The Chicago School does seem to be alive if not well. But what if the Obama administration prove more judicious and targeted in it's use of stimulus? Maybe there is a Keynes/Friedman hybrid about to be crafted.

av8torntn

Cato institute, Brett? Could you find something maybe a little objective?

They are not republican or dimocrat so what do you consider objective?

I thought you only wanted the names of five credible economists. True that ad with the names of two hundred was a little over kill but the fact is that zero lied about the stimulus. That would mean that he is the one with no credibility not the ones that disagree with him. and so it goes

unionman

They are not republican or dimocrat so what do you consider objective?

I thought you only wanted the names of five credible economists. True that ad with the names of two hundred was a little over kill but the fact is that zero lied about the stimulus. That would mean that he is the one with no credibility not the ones that disagree with him. and so it goes

You guys just don't give up, just like the GOP. You know the stimulus is needed and yet you continue to say it is not. Just like when Obama told those Republican idiots "thats just not true, and you know its just not true"

tieguy

Banned
Yeah, they said he couldn't get elected either.

Not if he had to go through congress to get elected. Just think your guys had a super majority for one of the few times in history and could not get health care passed. You can't blame the republicans for that.