general check

Our regional union president almost organized (wildcat got shot down by higher ups for obvious reasons) a walk out over the :censored2:-show that is forced saturdays, how is everyone doing? This is insane. UPS is :censored2:ed.

Yeah everyone has been trying to run out DOT hours, but they are still being forced to come in at 2am and preload on saturday hahahaha. More than half of the pre-load staff has quit hahaha.
Sounds like you guys need to read the contract.
I try to peek they cannot force you to work over 60 hours. If they want you to work over 60 hours they have to put the 70 hour rule in but they cannot force you.

Am I missing something here @BigUnionGuy ?

Sounds like you guys need to read the contract.
I try to peek they cannot force you to work over 60 hours. If they want you to work over 60 hours they have to put the 70 hour rule in but they cannot force you.

Am I missing something here @BigUnionGuy ?
Yeah they are in violation of the contract, correct. They are still doing it and local union president says we can refuse, and he will fight for us, but no guarantee we won't get fired.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
What part is "BS".

I work under the 70 rule every week. Otherwise I can't do my run. I work over 12 all the time.
The BS part is this, I haven’t seen anyone get disciplined for forced Saturdays in my entire career. Call out, no call no show, tell them Friday you won’t be in, nothing. Again, beat it, you provide zero to the conversation.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
The BS part is this, I haven’t seen anyone get disciplined for forced Saturdays in my entire career. Call out, no call no show, tell them Friday you won’t be in, nothing. Again, beat it, you provide zero to the conversation.
70778FB9-2A82-4D78-A2E7-394BB16F049D.gif

Hot Carl

I've seen guys get suspended for calling in on their day off. I'm getting ready to go over my 3 in 13 though. Don't care if I get a warning letter.