general check

quad decade guy

The BS part is this, I haven’t seen anyone get disciplined for forced Saturdays in my entire career. Call out, no call no show, tell them Friday you won’t be in, nothing. Again, beat it, you provide zero to the conversation.
So, to be fair, you haven't seen it. Ok. So, in your small world(it is)......you haven't seen it so....

I have seen folks fired for all sorts of things....including no calls no shows.

Beat it? BC will go away soon enough. BTW, your self Arbiting of all that is relevant......lololololol

FozziesDeliveries

The most 22.4s my center has been able to maintain is 2. We are supposed to have 11. Every week is forced 6s on people all the way up to people making top rate. Been trying to get union feedback the last few months. FINALLY because of summer vacations, RPCDS half way up the seniority list were told to call in two weeks in a row and got pissed and contacted the union. So we were finally told a stance by our local. Because our center is not hiring 22.4s and we are Monday-Friday drivers, the union will not accept/escalate Saturday call offs. Bye bye forced 6th punches.

542thruNthru

The most 22.4s my center has been able to maintain is 2. We are supposed to have 11. Every week is forced 6s on people all the way up to people making top rate. Been trying to get union feedback the last few months. FINALLY because of summer vacations, RPCDS half way up the seniority list were told to call in two weeks in a row and got pissed and contacted the union. So we were finally told a stance by our local. Because our center is not hiring 22.4s and we are Monday-Friday drivers, the union will not accept/escalate Saturday call offs. Bye bye forced 6th punches.
Personally I don't know of any local that actually accepts 6 day punches. What it will come down to is when a member is terminated and if the company takes it to panel and they decide "yes you can be forced in for a 6th day punch."

So far to my knowledge the company has not taken it all the way because they don't want the decision either in case it's not in their favor.

Hot Carl

Yes suspend me for taking off my scheduled day off. Makes a lot of sense. Can I serve my suspension on Saturday?
That will be my question once I get my intent to suspend notice. "Three days? Sweet! In that case, can it kick in on Thursday?"

Whither

Scofflaw
The BS part is this, I haven’t seen anyone get disciplined for forced Saturdays in my entire career. Call out, no call no show, tell them Friday you won’t be in, nothing. Again, beat it, you provide zero to the conversation.
I've seen it; I've been in the office over it. Last summer we had several drivers up to pending terms over it (at least some of their "occurrences" were forced 6 punches). I know a driver who even had 2 pending terms over attendance, again, the bulk of it was 6 punches. Granted, nothing happened. Well, one of the 22.4s abandoned his package car on area LOL. I mean, no one actually lost their jobs against their will. But we did have several drivers quit over continual 6-punch harassment at my building.

Whither

Scofflaw
I've seen guys get suspended for calling in on their day off. I'm getting ready to go over my 3 in 13 though. Don't care if I get a warning letter.
What's 3 in 13? I've never heard of it. Here the past practice is 3 occurrences in a rolling 90 days. The 4th makes you eligible for discipline.

Thebrownblob

I've seen it; I've been in the office over it. Last summer we had several drivers up to pending terms over it (at least some of their "occurrences" were forced 6 punches). I know a driver who even had 2 pending terms over attendance, again, the bulk of it was 6 punches. Granted, nothing happened. Well, one of the 22.4s abandoned his package car on area LOL. I mean, no one actually lost their jobs against their will. But we did have several drivers quit over continual 6-punch harassment at my building.
Correct it’s a paper tiger they cannot terminate you you for because the panel will not uphold it as long as your attendance is good the rest of the time. Sure they might give people a few letters but they are meaningless as long as you file on them. They don’t even give them out anymore for Saturdays at my building.