Georgia, Georgia Always On My Mind ... Because Georgia Controls US Senate Leadership

Re-Raise

DeKalb will bring these race to 50%-50% in both races ... Perdue maybe a little better than Loeffler.

Tight!
Looks like it! How long will it take to get the totals on the military and overseas ballots? The end of the week?
It could be close enough to matter.

It looks like right now they might have 250,000 votes left in Dekalb if the turnout is about the same as Nov.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Looks like it! How long will it take to get the totals on the military and overseas ballots? The end of the week?
It could be close enough to matter.

It looks like right now they might have 250,000 votes left in Dekalb if the turnout is about the same as Nov.
No ... about 170k (EVER CHANGING) left in Dekalb according to CNN ... John King is still the best numbers person in elections.
Some guy just came on and said 'Early Voting' was projected at 73% of the total and it is at 72% at 10:50 pm.

End of week for overseas and military ... most are in but thousands* (maybe) will come in over the next three days.
*It depends on how many used Georgia's new electronic voting option for military and overseas.

Last edited:

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I'll be glad when this is over. Every day my mailbox would have five or six campaign fliers in it. We were even getting handwritten postcards from out of state. I've been getting political texts and phone calls for the last two months. I got so many today I missed getting a new warranty for my car.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I'll be glad when this is over. Every day my mailbox would have five or six campaign fliers in it. We were even getting handwritten postcards from out of state. I've been getting political texts and phone calls for the last two months. I got so many today I missed getting a new warranty for my car.
Same here Man!
Two big elections in 2 months ... this is :bsbullf:

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
DeKalb will bring these races to 50%-50% in both races ... Perdue maybe a little better than Loeffler.

Tight!

Dozen of rural counties left but 100 votes in each ... maybe?
What a lot of news media missed is how rural counties voted two months ago. It wasn't all straight ticket, a lot of people voted for Biden but voted GOP in the Senate races. If you are retired with investments, you vote to protect them.

Re-Raise

What a lot of news media missed is how rural counties voted two months ago. It wasn't all straight ticket, a lot of people voted for Biden but voted GOP in the Senate races. If you are retired with investments, you vote to protect them.
I hope the markets don’t tank if the Dems win them both. There are enough moderate Democrats to keep them from passing too much crazy fiscal stuff even if they both win..I hope lol

I am very conservative when it comes to fiscal policy, but I am liberal I guess on social issues.

refineryworker05

Well it appears as if the Democratic Party will hold the slimmest of slim senate majorities. Hopefully they learn from the 2010 era and the current era. These public policy debates are hugely irrelevant, people are opposed to things they end up supporting if it helps them, and take credit for everything, and start talking about the radical nature of republican elected officials. I’m not very helpful they’ll accomplish much with their trifecta control of the federal government but we shall see.

MAKAVELI

Well it appears as if the Democratic Party will hold the slimmest of slim senate majorities. Hopefully they learn from the 2010 era and the current era. These public policy debates are hugely irrelevant, people are opposed to things they end up supporting if it helps them, and take credit for everything, and start talking about the radical nature of republican elected officials. I’m not very helpful they’ll accomplish much with their trifecta control of the federal government but we shall see.
The Turtle is dead. That is all that matters. 😅

refineryworker05

It is a testament to the work of a lot of people that GA elected Biden and two New Democratic senators in a state with complete republican control in the state’s political leadership. It is also a testament to the insane republican strategy of telling their voters the elections are rigged. GA is a gimme state for republicans. It would be like trump winning the state of Illinois and Illinois electing two republican senators.