Get Out and Push

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
Anyone on BC sitting in the path of winter storm Stella? Has your center gone into panic mode?

I arrived to preload this morning to find a DOT snowplow sitting ominously in our parking lot.

Asked a driver when he though the center would pull everyone back in and he said "once I'm flipped over in a ditch." Another chimed in "when I'm dead."

One of our circle of honor drivers said that if he gets stuck out there, he's going to build a small army of UPS snowmen in the back of his PC and leave them there to melt.

I love where I work.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
U hourly drivers are lucky. If management decides you go out to make 5 sporh, then call you all back to the barn due to weather, it's on them

As for the eggplants, if we are out there, and gets stuck, no extra pay to wait for a tow/ push from good Samaritan s or the tow truck.

Estimates are bumped up in my area for Tuesday (I'm a Tuesday to Saturday home delivery driver). I'm calling my subcontractor now to pusillanimous out, but they already fired all the peak/ temp drivers

oldupsman

Call me crazy but I think common sense is actually going to prevail tomorrow. It's all about
the timing and the worse conditions are supposed to be in the middle of the day. Bet alot
of you guys from Philly on north are told to stay home tomorrow.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
that's what cover drivers and pt drivers are for! u fairies are lucky!

i try to call off and take a LWOP for tues, but...

all our eggplant temp drivers have been laid off and they don't wanna drive in this blizzard tomorrow either.

So i gotta man up and slide all over the road on Tuesday :( getting 1/2 pay than what a brownie gets with no OT and bennies

hopefully, upper management can grant our operations to stay home Tues & we'll just get slammed on Wed

ManInBrown

The only time they ever call us in is after dark when they get nervous about the roads icing up. I've worked in blizzards with 2 inches of snow falling per hour. They couldn't care less while there is daylight

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Call me crazy but I think common sense is actually going to prevail tomorrow. It's all about
the timing and the worse conditions are supposed to be in the middle of the day. Bet alot
of you guys from Philly on north are told to stay home tomorrow.
Good luck with that. Few years ago we had about 15 inches. It all came down from 8 am to 3pm.

Everyone got sent out at 9 am and called back in before 10 am. Which was already too late. I was pulling a sat trailer. Had to drop it at the side of the road just so I could get back.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
We were told this morning that we are to report at regular start time, that we will be going on road, and there will be a curfew.

I'll be demanding my 8 hours before I punch in. I live 10 minutes away have a very capable vehicle. I will not lose money on their "curfew". The ball is in their court.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Anyone on BC sitting in the path of winter storm Stella? Has your center gone into panic mode?

I arrived to preload this morning to find a DOT snowplow sitting ominously in our parking lot.

Asked a driver when he though the center would pull everyone back in and he said "once I'm flipped over in a ditch." Another chimed in "when I'm dead."

One of our circle of honor drivers said that if he gets stuck out there, he's going to build a small army of UPS snowmen in the back of his PC and leave them there to melt.

I love where I work.
Don't get stuck, you will be charged with an accident.

ups-snow-crash.jpg
images
images

Last edited:

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I got stuck again today. 3rd need of tow truck of this winter. Still haven't been charged with an accident.
After getting stuck a couple times and needing a tow I was told that the next time I got stuck I would be charged with an accident. That was 20 years ago, I haven't got stuck since.