Get Ready For Dynamic Stretching in 2015

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Our center is the guinea pig for a new stretching format for UPS driver's PCMs starting soon.

Apparently, UPS has paid for patented "Dynamic Stretching" exercises from a sports wellness company/person and in the middle of peak, had our whole center come in early 2 days in a row for a presentation and demonstration. Corporate safety honchos flew in and are gung-ho on implementing this into the UPS culture.

Bulletpoints:

* We were presented with info on how our normal stretching exercises aren't good enough
* We were told it was more important to create a higher heart rate for better blood flow to carry oxygen through our body
* We were told that we need to warm up the ligaments and joints in slow stretches to get them ready for work
* We were shown 19 new stretching exercises that will be implemented into our daily PCM routine to improve flexibility and balance.
* After each presentation, the drivers were cornered by higher ups for impromptu "What did you think?" and "Which exercise did you like the most?"
* Our DM mentioned something about coming in early for stretching while a video of the exercises are played

Usually we do the same 2 or 3 stretches during PCM so this will probably be more beneficial but not sure if they want us to come in early to do this or have us memorize the exercises and do them home. The presentation was well done and the owner of this company was a good public speaker and knowledgable. Just wanted to give you all a heads-up when you hear about it coming to your center.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Our center is the guinea pig for a new stretching format for UPS driver's PCMs starting soon.

Apparently, UPS has paid for patented "Dynamic Stretching" exercises from a sports wellness company/person and in the middle of peak, had our whole center come in early 2 days in a row for a presentation and demonstration. Corporate safety honchos flew in and are gung-ho on implementing this into the UPS culture.

Bulletpoints:

* We were presented with info on how our normal stretching exercises aren't good enough
* We were told it was more important to create a higher heart rate for better blood flow to carry oxygen through our body
* We were told that we need to warm up the ligaments and joints in slow stretches to get them ready for work
* We were shown 19 new stretching exercises that will be implemented into our daily PCM routine to improve flexibility and balance.
* After each presentation, the drivers were cornered by higher ups for impromptu "What did you think?" and "Which exercise did you like the most?"
* Our DM mentioned something about coming in early for stretching while a video of the exercises are played

Usually we do the same 2 or 3 stretches during PCM so this will probably be more beneficial but not sure if they want us to come in early to do this or have us memorize the exercises and do them home. The presentation was well done and the owner of this company was a good public speaker and knowledgable. Just wanted to give you all a heads-up when you hear about it coming to your center.
Is this going to become part of the dok??

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I know how to stretch and exactly how much stretching I need, dammit. I'll tell them where they can dynamically shove it.

BlackCat

They have tried doing stretching exercises in my center and they get about 20% participation. After a couple weeks they stopped doing it all together.

Bulletpoints:

Just put some routes In! Quit spending money,on stupid stuff. It's work,not the olympics.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
I never waste my time with that BS. I do however enjoy watching and listening to other drivers making fart noises when the center manager reaches down to touch his toes in these faux stretching exercises.

Nothing like starting off your day with a good laugh.

Box Ox

I get enough "dynamic stretching" in every first quarter of my day when I'm often belly down with *ss in the air on top of a cardboard mountain trying to reach or dig for a 1000 or 2000 shelf package that my loader apparently wants me to see but also really work for if I don't want to redeliver to the area later.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
What if you get hurt when you didn't do the stretches. That's when they blame you for getting hurt. It's a Catch-22
Not really tons of studies show cold stretching does nothing for you and can even cause harm. A good lawyer would eat them alive.

Typical ups stuck in the 20th century.

Bulletpoints:

They can pay me to stretch all they want. I hope I don't pop something though. That would be expensive.