Get your refund today!

Really,
UPS Fourth quarter financials, numbers in millions:

Operating profit: Total operating profit 1,814 fourth quarter 2010 1,259 fourth quarter 2009, 555 increase, 44.1% profit increase
How do you suppose UPS posted such high numbers? For the most part because they keep the number of routes down and made side deals with the union so they wouldn't have to pay the O 9.5 penalties. I don't believe ALL the increase came from that but a lot sure did.
Just before I had to retire, I had a few O 9.5 grievances filed, after almost a year I finally got the check. the union settled with UPS for about 40 cents on the dollar of what I was contractually owed. No, they didn't consult me about the agreement. Makes me want to step up and pay even more dues.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I HEARD, HAVE NOT FOUND OUT that its gospel, that our union reps, gave themselves a 180.oo a week raise. And they want to raise our dues, because they have no money.
I will be attending meetings, and vote the slate out. Thats a very big raise. IF IT IS TRUE.... I know we were in trustee ship for a long time, and then we voted in this slate. I will say our BA is one who did stick up for me, when a customer called my sup, saying he was going to shoot me next time he saw me...., and my sup did not "know" if he should call the police, duhhhh. I called him and he was on it. He said if they wont call I will and I will go stand on the guys porch until the cops come. I respected that, but our town is so dirty, I think still run by the mob, that its hard to get good people in the position of power.