Getting firedfor no reason , "this isn't going to work out"

clean hairy

Had you made Seniority, or still in your 30 day probation?
Were you always on time for work?
How many days if any did you miss?
Were you one of these that didn't like where you assigned, and compained about wanting to work in a different area?
Give us more background.

rod

Retired 22 years
I would think with the turnover they have in the part time work if you have good attendance and come anywhere close to meeting their numbers they would keep you on. The OP must have had issues he isn't talking about.

rickyb

So after break today my managers called me into the office , they preceeded to tell me that this job isn't going to work out , I then asked why I was getting let go , they said again that it's not going to work out , so I said there's got to be a reason why I'm getting fired , the higher up manager said " as management we can let you go with no reason" I'm not sure if they can do this or not . Someone please help

who cares? it sucks its your job u lost, but u work long hours, and you could make more money per hour elsewhere. on top of that the company has shady practices regarding their employees so :censored2: em

UPS4Life

If you're in your 30 they are well within their right to do that. It's crossed my mind a few times with new guys. Not everybody can keep up.
I feel like ups needs to get their standards back on who they hire and if you can't make the cut boom you're gone. I see it time and time again they push these people through and say oh there's hope and dsy 35 on talk about how :censored2:ty the person is. Hello!?!?!? You just let him gain seniority. We would have better employees if we didn't hire everyone that walked through the door..... Well except this op lol

Sent using BrownCafe App

Drink Craft Beer

I feel like ups needs to get their standards back on who they hire and if you can't make the cut boom you're gone. I see it time and time again they push these people through and say oh there's hope and dsy 35 on talk about how :censored2:ty the person is. Hello!?!?!? You just let him gain seniority. We would have better employees if we didn't hire everyone that walked through the door..... Well except this op lol

Sent using BrownCafe App
They do that with some that I've witnessed but not currently with one because of a reason I'd rather not say.

It's blatantly obvious why, even though there's constant mis-loads, missing packages, showing no sense of urgency etc..etc..etc.. There's one gear and that's it.

Dude is pretty cool though.

Quick, someone get this kid a Hot Dog cart :D
Hot_Dog_Cart.jpg

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
For the now and immediate yeah. As a career uhhhh I've got 10 years in and I really wonder if I made the right choice looking 20+ years down the road.

I'm 9 years in, and am pretty glad I'm here. I've got a 401k, soon stock, and a pension. Not to mention a great wage. I have few complaints

box_beeyotch

I'd leave tomorrow if I could. What good is money if you're never home with your family to enjoy it? If you're a cripple by your middle 50's?

This isn't the same job it used to be.

It's great if your a young single guy without a family, which I am. Dont plan on changing that anytime soon...I want the top rate to really count one day.

PT Car Washer

It's great if your a young single guy without a family, which I am. Dont plan on changing that anytime soon...I want the top rate to really count one day.
The job is great if you are a young married guy with a new family or one on the way. Being able to put a roof over your head and feeding your family is much more important then being at home 16 hours a day.