Getting firedfor no reason , "this isn't going to work out"

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Obviously another case of the man trying to hold down the minority.
304.gif

F

FrigidAdCorrector

I would think with the turnover they have in the part time work if you have good attendance and come anywhere close to meeting their numbers they would keep you on. The OP must have had issues he isn't talking about.
If you come close I will work with you. But you have to show me you want to learn and aren't just blowing me off.
I feel like ups needs to get their standards back on who they hire and if you can't make the cut boom you're gone
The problem that I've had is just getting people to stay. That's the worst part of the whole thing. Sometimes it's better to have someone who can just barely do the job than be short. That was peak for me. If you had a pulse and could squeeze your hand to pick up a package I would take you. I just couldn't get anybody through the freaking door.

I laugh when I hear people say they can't find a job. I always tell them go online and fill out an application and I'll have you working by the end of the week. Know how many have taken me up on it? Not a single one.
It's even better without the marriage because then you get to keep all your money.
That's true of any job. My stepdad's jokes he had it all before he got married. No wife, no kids, could hunt and fish whenever he wanted. But I know he wouldn't trade all the money in the world for that back. Well, maybe for the kids part. I think we may have shortened his life expectancy a bit.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Every job has trade offs. Most people aren't making 90 grand a year and working 9-5 hours, that just doesn't happen. You want the money to support a family? UPS is good. You want to earn 35 grand and be home at 430 everyday, cool. Good luck finding a 9-5 to pay you that kind of cash without a heavy college degree or many years in a skilled trade.

Stop crying, go to work and be proud of what you do. Geez

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
It's great if your a young single guy without a family, which I am. Dont plan on changing that anytime soon...I want the top rate to really count one day.

I'm not lol. I'm getting up near the halfway point in my career, I honestly don't see how I will be able to make it - and I will be exceptionally young when I'm eligible to go.

tacken

Every job has trade offs. Most people aren't making 90 grand a year and working 9-5 hours, that just doesn't happen. You want the money to support a family? UPS is good. You want to earn 35 grand and be home at 430 everyday, cool. Good luck finding a 9-5 to pay you that kind of cash without a heavy college degree or many years in a skilled trade.

Stop crying, go to work and be proud of what you do. Geez
So you work 9-5 at UPS?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I don't think they are just letting him go for the hell of it. I'm sure there is a reason and I'm sure he knows what they mean when they say it isn't working out.
They should do it more often...I'm getting cranky and tired in my "old age" of watching idiots half my age who can't keep up and have to be bailed out. Newbies yes...but I'm talking guys loading for 9 months or a year who constantly need help...and I'm told to help them. I'm not mommy....optimum carry, not one package at a time.