Getting screwed

542thruNthru

noticed my paychecks were a little short. So I logged on to see my time card. And they shorted me at least 11 hours the past 2 paychecks. This week my time card shows 18 hours of work. When I’ve worked 32. Today was my 31st day driving. Mostly shuttling and AIR. But someone told me when I deliver ground I should be getting paid a lot more than 12.50. Does that include when I just meet a driver somewhere and take boxes off of his package car then deliver them? Any advice would be appreciated

1st find your shop steward and alert him to the issue that you're being paid wrong. Then tell your sup that you are missing 11 hours on your checks. If it is not corrected then find your steward and file under Article 17.

Screenshot_20181117-084011.png

Today was my 31st day

Then you made seniority and need to man up or this company will walk all over you.

I guess you’re right. It’s just frustrating..

No he's not right and also he's kidding. MAN UP!

I feel like the minute I do. They’re going to send me to preload haha

It's peak, you are not going back to preload. Look at it this way. Once peak is over you are going back to preload anyways. Shouldn't you make all the money you can now?

If I told my supervisor I wanted top pay he’d freak out. Hahahahaha. Can I join the union after 30 days? Is it 60 or 90? Now?

Let him freak out! It's the contract and he's trying to take advantage of you! If he refuses to pay you top scale file another grievance. Seriously you better grow some balls. You are at you UPS to make money. Why would you allow them to not let you do that.

RolloTony Brown Town

Wait... are you an air driver making top driver rate? Or a TCD trying to qualify doing you’re 30 days? You can’t have it both ways.

It’s either you made your 30 and you’re pay should be 18.75/hr and should continue to be paid 18.75/hr.

Or you’re an air driver that is moving ground out of classification and you are entitled to top ground rate.

If youre shorted hours you need to let your steward and supervisor know immediately so they can get you paid immediately and if not a grievance should be filed.

Last edited:

BucsGuy

Wait... are you and air driver making top driver rate? Or a TCD trying to qualify doing you’re 30 days? You can’t have it both ways.

It’s either you made your 30 and you’re up should be 18.75/hr and should continue to be paid 18.75/hr.

Or you’re an air driver that is moving ground out of classification and you are entitled to top ground rate.

If you shorted hours you need to let your steward and supervisor know immediately so they can get you paid immediately and if not a grievance should be filed.
When I got hired. My paper work said part time cover driver/package handler. Got hired in September. I don’t think I was qualifying. Because I was never trained on a route. However I was thrown on a route for a couple of days. With 100 stops or so. But I mostly shuttle, drive AIR. Do bulk pickups. Meet other drivers and take stops from them to help them. I’m basically my centers B. I. T. C. H. With that being said. My supervisor has threatened to “disqualify” me for forgetting to enter my package cars miles before leaving the building. I have now worked 32 days if I include Saturday AIR. So I guess my next step is to join the union

RolloTony Brown Town

When I got hired. My paper work said part time cover driver/package handler. Got hired in September. I don’t think I was qualifying. Because I was never trained on a route. However I was thrown on a route for a couple of days. With 100 stops or so. But I mostly shuttle, drive AIR. Do bulk pickups. Meet other drivers and take stops from them to help them. I’m basically my centers B. I. T. C. H. With that being said. My supervisor has threatened to “disqualify” me for forgetting to enter my package cars miles before leaving the building. I have now worked 32 days if I include Saturday AIR. So I guess my next step is to join the union

File the grievance for the Missing hours and for your seniority and ground pay. Get your steward involved. It’s one or the other. Make the company clarify. Either way you win.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I feel like the minute I do. They’re going to send me to preload haha
File grievances and win your back pay. What UPS does is illegal. After that, if it continues happening, file grievances and also file complaints with your local labor office.

Throw everyone under the bus including the union. Mention names, mention discrimination and retaliation (UPS denied you opportunity to better yourself and in fact demoted you, because you filed grievances and charges for violating labor law) and smear them in the most trumped up way, which UPS management is trained.

UPS won't mess around much more.

rod

Retired 22 years
noticed my paychecks were a little short. So I logged on to see my time card. And they shorted me at least 11 hours the past 2 paychecks. This week my time card shows 18 hours of work. When I’ve worked 32. Today was my 31st day driving. Mostly shuttling and AIR. But someone told me when I deliver ground I should be getting paid a lot more than 12.50. Does that include when I just meet a driver somewhere and take boxes off of his package car then deliver them? Any advice would be appreciated

A little short? 11hours is not a little short

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Time shaving must be a huge problem at UPS. I say that because this forum is a very small percentage of our workforce, yet we hear of this constantly.

It's time to remove timecard access for direct management. They can't be trusted. Maybe we need a class action lawsuit?

IESucks

Getting screwed at UPS is part of the job. Don't forget to give to united way and give blood when they have mobile blood bank there on your way out

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
We had terrible air quality for a while when some kid saved us from a rediculous amount of hippie tourists by burning down multnomah falls.

It was business as usual

clean hairy

Time shaving must be a huge problem at UPS. I say that because this forum is a very small percentage of our workforce, yet we hear of this constantly.

It's time to remove timecard access for direct management. They can't be trusted. Maybe we need a class action lawsuit?
A class action would get the lawyers millions of $.
The employees might get $10 credit from the ups merchandise catalog.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

If you forget to enter the miles when you leave in the morning, talk to an OMS, find out who drove the car the day before, and have the OMS give you their ending miles.

rod

Retired 22 years
If you forget to enter the miles when you leave in the morning, talk to an OMS, find out who drove the car the day before, and have the OMS give you their ending miles.
Loved those few days when you had to estimate your mileage because the speedometer / odometer was broke