Getting screwed

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by BucsGuy, Nov 16, 2018.

1. bottomups

bottomups Bad Moon Risen'

Don't wanna get screwed? Just marry her.

2. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

1st find your shop steward and alert him to the issue that you're being paid wrong. Then tell your sup that you are missing 11 hours on your checks. If it is not corrected then find your steward and file under Article 17.

Screenshot_20181117-084011.png

Then you made seniority and need to man up or this company will walk all over you.

No he's not right and also he's kidding. MAN UP!

It's peak, you are not going back to preload. Look at it this way. Once peak is over you are going back to preload anyways. Shouldn't you make all the money you can now?

Let him freak out! It's the contract and he's trying to take advantage of you! If he refuses to pay you top scale file another grievance. Seriously you better grow some balls. You are at you UPS to make money. Why would you allow them to not let you do that.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

I always find the best plan of action is to go to the internet first and ask what to do :rolleyes:

4. BucsGuy

BucsGuy Member

What’s wrong with that?

5. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

SMH!!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. RolloTony Brown Town

RolloTony Brown Town Active Member

Wait... are you an air driver making top driver rate? Or a TCD trying to qualify doing you’re 30 days? You can’t have it both ways.

It’s either you made your 30 and you’re pay should be 18.75/hr and should continue to be paid 18.75/hr.

Or you’re an air driver that is moving ground out of classification and you are entitled to top ground rate.

If youre shorted hours you need to let your steward and supervisor know immediately so they can get you paid immediately and if not a grievance should be filed.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
  7. BucsGuy

BucsGuy Member

When I got hired. My paper work said part time cover driver/package handler. Got hired in September. I don’t think I was qualifying. Because I was never trained on a route. However I was thrown on a route for a couple of days. With 100 stops or so. But I mostly shuttle, drive AIR. Do bulk pickups. Meet other drivers and take stops from them to help them. I’m basically my centers B. I. T. C. H. With that being said. My supervisor has threatened to “disqualify” me for forgetting to enter my package cars miles before leaving the building. I have now worked 32 days if I include Saturday AIR. So I guess my next step is to join the union

8. RolloTony Brown Town

RolloTony Brown Town Active Member

File the grievance for the Missing hours and for your seniority and ground pay. Get your steward involved. It’s one or the other. Make the company clarify. Either way you win.

9. UnconTROLLed

UnconTROLLed perfection

File grievances and win your back pay. What UPS does is illegal. After that, if it continues happening, file grievances and also file complaints with your local labor office.

Throw everyone under the bus including the union. Mention names, mention discrimination and retaliation (UPS denied you opportunity to better yourself and in fact demoted you, because you filed grievances and charges for violating labor law) and smear them in the most trumped up way, which UPS management is trained.

UPS won't mess around much more.

10. rod

rod #1 on Upstates "list"

A little short? 11hours is not a little short

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  11. Wally

Wally BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Time shaving must be a huge problem at UPS. I say that because this forum is a very small percentage of our workforce, yet we hear of this constantly.

It's time to remove timecard access for direct management. They can't be trusted. Maybe we need a class action lawsuit?

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  12. IESucks

IESucks Active Member

Getting screwed at UPS is part of the job. Don't forget to give to united way and give blood when they have mobile blood bank there on your way out

13. Maple Grove MN Driver

Maple Grove MN Driver Cocaine Mang!

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  14. 1BROWNWRENCH

1BROWNWRENCH Amatuer Malthusian

Gotta love the PR they get at the expense of the employees.

15. eats packages

eats packages I have depth perception issues

We had terrible air quality for a while when some kid saved us from a rediculous amount of hippie tourists by burning down multnomah falls.

It was business as usual

16. Poop Head

Poop Head Lovin' every minute of it!

I love the falls in that area

17. clean hairy

clean hairy Well-Known Member

A class action would get the lawyers millions of $.
    The employees might get $10 credit from the ups merchandise catalog.

18. zubenelgenubi

zubenelgenubi Well-Known Member

If you forget to enter the miles when you leave in the morning, talk to an OMS, find out who drove the car the day before, and have the OMS give you their ending miles.

19. Wally

Wally BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

It would put an end to time shaving pronto! How else you going to end this? The union seems powerless.

20. rod

rod #1 on Upstates "list"

Loved those few days when you had to estimate your mileage because the speedometer / odometer was broke