Getting Slammed by Safety

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
We haven't gotten hit yet but Ketter is at a nearby center. Our supervisors are blowing up our diads with all sorts of safety messages. It's almost so distracting that it's.....unsafe.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Was safety wearing a yellow skin tight suit with wings???
upload_2019-2-9_8-15-5.png

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
Just do your best and know that whatever yelling your getting is 10 times worse then the FT sup is getting in the office. Safety guys come and go like the wind, sometimes the wind blows hard and sometimes not at all. Anytime you are in doubt ask the safety jackass to show you how he would do it by the book, if he makes a mistake or doesn't come off right correct him or her in your knowledge of safety.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
A few years ago I had some corporate safety weenie come up to me one night and demand that I recite the 10 point commentary.
I wasnt in the mood so I just punched out and said “sorry, I’m off the clock” as I put my DIAD away.
Safety weenie was insistent and said “you need to do this, just have the OMS edit your timecard for the extra time.”
I still wasn’t in the mood, so I said “OK, but I really gotta take a leak first, I will be right back” as I headed for the bathroom door.
I was telling the truth...mostly. I really did have to take a leak. But what safety weenie didn’t know was that the mens room has a second door that exits out into the automotive repair bay. So when I was done I just used that door to sneak thru automotive and out to the parking lot and freedom.
I have always kind of wondered how long the safety weenie stood there waiting for me with his clipboard....

MarvelousMunata

The Scapegoat With Attitude
A few years ago I had some corporate safety weenie come up to me one night and demand that I recite the 10 point commentary.
I wasnt in the mood so I just punched out and said “sorry, I’m off the clock” as I put my DIAD away.
Safety weenie was insistent and said “you need to do this, just have the OMS edit your timecard for the extra time.”
I still wasn’t in the mood, so I said “OK, but I really gotta take a leak first, I will be right back” as I headed for the bathroom door.
I was telling the truth...mostly. I really did have to take a leak. But what safety weenie didn’t know was that the mens room has a second door that exits out into the automotive repair bay. So when I was done I just used that door to sneak thru automotive and out to the parking lot and freedom.
I have always kind of wondered how long the safety weenie stood there waiting for me with his clipboard....
Smooth

KOG72

I’m full of it
6D33EE8A-AF03-4BE0-BBCF-EEDCCE98FE53.gif
Recently safety (external individual) came into our facility to preform an internal audit and found out that things weren't up to snuff. So far they have been coming up to every employee and asking him or her all the normal "memorized" safety questions. Naturally, safety didn't mention how to keep a safe clean work area. Keep in mind that safety has been in our facility for a good week and a half now. Today at random, safety decided to stage a hazardous spill. A package came down the chute and spilt all over the belt. Everyone did everything by the book and still got the blame. I won't go into too much detail unless you want me to...

My questions, is safety allowed to stage a spill? The safety individual then yelled (actually yelling) at everyone for not handling the situation properly when they followed the proper protocol.

On a side note, this safety individual was lecturing me stating that I cannot secure a conveyer belt that does not have a latch. In my facility, all the buttons for the belts are latches, but have red stop buttons that need to be reset by the individual who stops it at their station to restart the belt. I kept on telling this safety person that when the light is red and after confirming that it is indeed unable to come on that it is secure. Respectively, I was told that it can only be secured up front?? Where is this safety person coming up with this stuff?? or am I wrong? Just to clarify, we were discussing how to properly secure a conveyer belt, not locking out equipment.

KOG72

I’m full of it
6DE38BAE-6E2E-4207-9039-7024DB8F6B49.gif
Recently safety (external individual) came into our facility to preform an internal audit and found out that things weren't up to snuff. So far they have been coming up to every employee and asking him or her all the normal "memorized" safety questions. Naturally, safety didn't mention how to keep a safe clean work area. Keep in mind that safety has been in our facility for a good week and a half now. Today at random, safety decided to stage a hazardous spill. A package came down the chute and spilt all over the belt. Everyone did everything by the book and still got the blame. I won't go into too much detail unless you want me to...

My questions, is safety allowed to stage a spill? The safety individual then yelled (actually yelling) at everyone for not handling the situation properly when they followed the proper protocol.

On a side note, this safety individual was lecturing me stating that I cannot secure a conveyer belt that does not have a latch. In my facility, all the buttons for the belts are latches, but have red stop buttons that need to be reset by the individual who stops it at their station to restart the belt. I kept on telling this safety person that when the light is red and after confirming that it is indeed unable to come on that it is secure. Respectively, I was told that it can only be secured up front?? Where is this safety person coming up with this stuff?? or am I wrong? Just to clarify, we were discussing how to properly secure a conveyer belt, not locking out equipment.