Getting tired of this :censored:

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
File a Harrassment Grievance

For what ????

The OP screwed up by opening his mouth and the supervisor asked a legitimate followup question !!!!

1) The call was legit because they are to exhaust any available eligible union employees.
2) The OP opened himself to being disqualified to air drive.
3) If I was the center manager and this guy drove in the past week with bad eyesight, I'd walk him out of the building for putting the company at risk.

The OP was trying to be a smartass but he turned out to be stupid.

542thruNthru

For what ????

The OP screwed up by opening his mouth and the supervisor asked a legitimate followup question !!!!

1) The call was legit because they are to exhaust any available eligible union employees.
2) The OP opened himself to being disqualified to air drive.
3) If I was the center manager and this guy drove in the past week with bad eyesight, I'd walk him out of the building for putting the company at risk.

The OP was trying to be a smartass but he turned out to be stupid.

I don't see how the OP was trying to be a smartass.

Just because he needs a new prescription doesn't mean he's driving with out glasses. I have friends that go in once a year to check there eyes and get new prescriptions if needed.

I do agree that the call was legitimate.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I don't see how the OP was trying to be a smartass.

Just because he needs a new prescription doesn't mean he's driving with out glasses. I have friends that go in once a year to check there eyes and get new prescriptions if needed.

I do agree that the call was legitimate.

My problem is with this:

"I told them I can’t since I need to new prescription for my glasses. I am required to where glasses to drive a ups truck."

He made that statement to bounce the sup off the phone, but was unwise to say.
The OP doesn't state when he last drove air, he just states that he's an air driver.
I guess I would have to hold judgement until we knew how often he's driven.

Cardb0ard.

Beer and more beer
My problem is with this:

"I told them I can’t since I need to new prescription for my glasses. I am required to where glasses to drive a ups truck."

The OP doesn't state when he last drove air, he just states that he's an air driver.

My problem is with this:

I haven’t driven in 3 weeks. I got my eye exam about a week ago that’s when I found out I needed new prescriptions, I didn’t know about this until I got my eye exam. There were many more air drivers available to work. They just don’t want to and make up excuses not to work. I have a legit reason not to. And the sup gives me :censored2: for not wanting to work.
I wasn’t trying to be a smart ass. I found out about my eye problem and I informed my sup, and I got bitched at in return.
Have a good weekend.

Box Ox

I found out about my eye problem and I informed my sup, and I got bitched at in return.

Just don't take it personally. If they want to have a hissy fit there's nothing you can do. Theatrics and intimidation are to management what boxes are to hourlies. Job security.

Dr.Brownz

So I work preload and I am also an air driver. Usually when we the center needs extra hands delivering they’d ask me if I can work when I’m still loading. Well today I get home and they call me about an hour later to work. I told them I can’t since I need to new prescription for my glasses. I am required to where glasses to drive a ups truck. Then he goes on to tell me that how come I’m having doctors appointments out of no where. My father has been having surgeries and I have to go to his appointments with him since he can’t drive a car. I explain this to him and he just says whatever and hangs up. Can he do something? Like write me up or anything? Or should I just not worry.

Get the steward, try talking to this sup and explain that you do not like how this was handled. File harassment grievances on this guy every time he pulls this and watch out for retaliation. Do not let them skip over you in seniority for extra work either, and file if they do because you are entitled to back pay.

542thruNthru

Sounds like a pissy girlfriend that you cancelled a date on.

Hey cute bra you got there. Glad to see you are getting some support for the bitch tits. Don't need them sagging anymore then they already are. ;)
DEXATI20180330214705.png

IESucks

So I work preload and I am also an air driver. Usually when we the center needs extra hands delivering they’d ask me if I can work when I’m still loading. Well today I get home and they call me about an hour later to work. I told them I can’t since I need to new prescription for my glasses. I am required to where glasses to drive a ups truck. Then he goes on to tell me that how come I’m having doctors appointments out of no where. My father has been having surgeries and I have to go to his appointments with him since he can’t drive a car. I explain this to him and he just says whatever and hangs up. Can he do something? Like write me up or anything? Or should I just not worry.
You have nothing to worry about. They always get an attitude when it doesn't go there way

john chesney

I just tell them I had a few drinks do you still want me to come in