Getting tired of this :censored:

T

thisjobaintforeverybody

So I work preload and I am also an air driver. Usually when we the center needs extra hands delivering they’d ask me if I can work when I’m still loading. Well today I get home and they call me about an hour later to work. I told them I can’t since I need to new prescription for my glasses. I am required to where glasses to drive a ups truck. Then he goes on to tell me that how come I’m having doctors appointments out of no where. My father has been having surgeries and I have to go to his appointments with him since he can’t drive a car. I explain this to him and he just says whatever and hangs up. Can he do something? Like write me up or anything? Or should I just not worry.

I was a air/eam driver for a while and it really comes down to your personal situation! This particular situation you shouldn't have answered the phone because you had something to do but if you want hours and need the money then going out of your way, i.e... coming back to run air usually gives you a better chance of them using you again to run air, sometimes if you have a lot of area knowledge they will use you for additional work other then delivering air.

Some supervisors hold grudges and will stop using you if your not consistent, that depends on how desperate they are. If you suck and have a lot of late air it won't matter anyways but it really all depends on what you want.

wayfair

swollen member
I was a air/eam driver for a while and it really comes down to your personal situation! This particular situation you shouldn't have answered the phone because you had something to do but if you want hours and need the money then going out of your way, i.e... coming back to run air usually gives you a better chance of them using you again to run air, sometimes if you have a lot of area knowledge they will use you for additional work other then delivering air.

Some supervisors hold grudges and will stop using you if your not consistent, that depends on how desperate they are. If you suck and have a lot of late air it won't matter anyways but it really all depends on what you want.

if they use someone with less seniority, you can file and get paid.