Gift giving- employee to management

Yorkdoyenne

Can I/should I give my direct full-time supervisor a gift for Christmas/the holiday season? I couldn't find an employee handbook so I'm asking here. I work for the hub, not the UPS store, if that wasn't already obvious. And, if I can give them one, should I also give one to my manager? Would it be rude not to? Thank you.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Word! That wouldn't be cool unless you two are real friends! And then do it outside of the work environment.

And since my experiences are just that ... my experiences.
Ask one of the Union leaders in your group or even the steward.

JustDeliverIt

Can I/should I give my direct full-time supervisor a gift for Christmas/the holiday season? I couldn't find an employee handbook so I'm asking here. I work for the hub, not the UPS store, if that wasn't already obvious. And, if I can give them one, should I also give one to my manager? Would it be rude not to? Thank you.

No

Whitelexus

Get an employee handbook anywhere you work.
The best gift any boss can receive is by you doing good work all year long.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I have some old underwear you could give them. Good luck wrapping it after I break both of your wrists you idiot.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
the first year i worked in my center as there new clerk, the OMS girls who gift each other included me and i felt embarrassed cause it caught me by surprise. now these past years we exchange. i never have with an on car or preload sup or any manager. i have been given ups jackets and sweatshirts during the holiday season from some management though but nothing store bought and personal

Yorkdoyenne

Just for context, I don't like management, I just have a crush on my boss I wanted an excuse to get him something... I don't think I will though; I'd probably just weird him out.

Box Ox

Nothing good can come of thinking and acting like your full-time supervisor is your friend. It will come back to bite you in situations in which the supervisor has to look out for their own interests and will throw you under the bus to do so. Can't blame them for it. A healthy, mutually-respectful working relationship is all that should be expected with them.

Gifts to OMS, sure. But definitely not expected. The ones I've known have typically been great people. We get along great and being friendly and open with them has been no problem.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
Give your supervisor a gift for Christmas! Never keep things as non personal as possible. This is a company that cares little to none about its employees. Save your money and buy something better for someone that actually cares about you.