Give and Take

bacha29

As we have come to expect from corporations today whereby they give you the employee something in one area and take it back someplace else, in a press release today we discover that in the aftermath of raising it's employee minimum wage to $15 an hour Amazon is ending it's stock award and monthly bonus plan. Simply another PR campaign and like similar campaigns......lots of roar but not much more.

bacha29

That would be a classic FedEx move.
They did this all the time with Ground contractors going all the way back the the days of Roadway Package System. When they gave you an increase in one area you immediately expected a decrease or elimination all together someplace else which was almost always the case.

Oldfart

As we have come to expect from corporations today whereby they give you the employee something in one area and take it back someplace else, in a press release today we discover that in the aftermath of raising it's employee minimum wage to $15 an hour Amazon is ending it's stock award and monthly bonus plan. Simply another PR campaign and like similar campaigns......lots of roar but not much more.
Wouldn't you rather have a guarantee raise than a bonus program that you might not meet?

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
They are getting 15$ nationwide for all employees.
Not every employee was eligible for bonus or stock

Mutineer

If by chance I should ever have dinner at your house, just to let you know I will be passing on the salad, thank you veddy much! :sick:
Um. I doubt you want dinner at his house. Or, maybe you do. Whatever the case, if you do, you likely will not remember anything that happens, anyways. So in that case, you may as well have dinner at his house.

Oldfart

Funny how the man that is happy with a bonus on one thread would rather have a raise on this one...what a fraud!
Yep. I am always happy making more money today than I had yesterday. I would always rather have a raise but they offered me a bonus and I took it. I don't care if the bonus was a PR move or not, it all spends the same. People like you were bitter yesterday, will wake up today bitter and will be bitter in 6 months.