Glen Beck almost Gores someone to death on his show!

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
All I ever see of Beck is the clips posted on the interwebz, he seems like a really weird guy who cries a lot. He makes a lot money though, so I guess people go for that.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I only take Glen Beck in small doses. I don't like it when he talks with a British accent when he's trying to portray the uber-educated with a pipe in his mouth.. I like it when he has guests much better.

wkmac

Although I think Keith Olberman is the same sack of stuff Whoopi Golberg speaks of in this video but LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!

Go get em' Guinan!

[video=youtube;n1-ngrAhwq0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1-ngrAhwq0&feature=related[/video]

moreluck

golden ticket member
I really dislike Joy Behar. She has a show on at night too. I used to like Whoopie until she became the official voice of black people....and everybody knows that's Oprah's job. Barbara Walters is a geriatric piece of work. The view is a program to crucify anyone who isn't a liberal Dem. Can't stand the view. I don't know how Elizabeth stands working in that environment. Someday I'll tell you how I really feel!

moreluck

golden ticket member
It was for still pictures, not the TV show............much like ice applied to female model's chests so they look a certain way......

wkmac

It was for still pictures, not the TV show............much like ice applied to female model's chests so they look a certain way......

So he was doing this just for the PR value and gaining public attention to drive up viewership and had nothing else to do with purpose or principle?

I clearly see your point!

:wink2:

wkmac

TV shows and advertising too! Pure entertainment needs all those elements to be successful. Good points all that you made and I agree.

Then if this is pure entertainment, Beck resorts to PR gimmicks for it's PR and ad sale results, then how do we know when he talks on his TV and radio show that he really believes this stuff as principle and ideal and is not the result of gimmicks just to drive up ratings in order to sell ad space and make mucha moolah?

What else at Fox, CNN, MSNBC, etc also fall in this catagory?

bbsam

Staff member
TV shows and advertising too! Pure entertainment needs all those elements to be successful. Good points all that you made and I agree.

Then if this is pure entertainment, Beck resorts to PR gimmicks for it's PR and ad sale results, then how do we know when he talks on his TV and radio show that he really believes this stuff as principle and ideal and is not the result of gimmicks just to drive up ratings in order to sell ad space and make mucha moolah?

What else at Fox, CNN, MSNBC, etc also fall in this catagory?
Let's start with all of it and work from there.

moreluck

golden ticket member
If, for instance there were pictures of Bill Oreilly and Glen Beck in boxing trunks (I'll need to erase that image) to promote their joint appearances around the country.....people know that they are not going to appear in the ring for a fight. It's just publicity ahead of the event done in a humorous way.

When they talk, it's up to each individual to decide the sincerity of the speaker. Some will believe what is said and some will say "B*llschitt". I think much of what Glenn says is said sincerely. Sometimes he's being facetious.