Gloves? Package handlers

wayfair

swollen member
Yeah I started with the 008 which say they are medium duty, then the second pair I bought were the 009. I really do like both, I did think the 008's lasted just as long, either way you can't go wrong with either pair! I have zero complaints you will get your money's worth out of them, just hope it's still to warm enough out to use them. My hands freeze too quickly now, almost 15 degrees now and I use a winter glove now.

I bought both pair. The 008's are just right, the 009's are a bit thicker and harder for me to use the diad.
Just gotta use some gold bond ultimate powder, because they tend to get a bit funky after a few days

oldngray

nowhere special
66782-Clown-Pom-Pom-Gloves-large.jpg

YellowSox

I bought both pair. The 008's are just right, the 009's are a bit thicker and harder for me to use the diad.
Just gotta use some gold bond ultimate powder, because they tend to get a bit funky after a few days
Nice, glad you like them! I didn't have an issue with the diad from either of them though. I have skinny fingers.

jbg77

I go thru a pair or mechanix or FG's in 2 months 3 if i apply duct tape and save em. For us package handlers if you use any what brand has been worth working with?

Grease monkey at home depot.4.99 a pair. They last quite a while. I buy 2 pairs at a time

HBGPreloader

I use the Atlas Fit 300 in the summer and therma fit (451?) insulated in the winter.
I get the 300 at the local flea market, by the dozen, for $3 a pair. It's been more than a year since I bought the therma fit. So, I don't recall the cost.
I wash them weekly and they typically last a month or so.

undies

These gloves are on sale now. I love them, although after a few months they get stinky if you don't let them air out! I bought 5 pair.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 247

HardknocksUPSer

Gloves suck... Get In the way and waste time, in my center your hands won't get cold and if they do your not working hard enough and it's hard to get a dip with gloves on, it's just another thing to try not to forget to take to work in the morning, just a big hassle.

browner89

Gloves suck... Get In the way and waste time, in my center your hands won't get cold and if they do your not working hard enough and it's hard to get a dip with gloves on, it's just another thing to try not to forget to take to work in the morning, just a big hassle.

Many small hubs I imagine are basically like working outside, especially in the north (open bay doors for PCs in 3 directions, trailer docks in the 4th, < 20 loading dock doors meaning the center is small enough that you catch cross winds from every direction no matter where you are inside).

You can't work fast enough for your hands to not get cold when you're 20 feet from the open bay door, it's sub freezing temps, and gusting 25mph winds every night.

I do agree gloves suck though, almost nobody wears them here because they're annoying, unfortunately, it makes picking anything up difficult when your hands are numb.

Looking forward to spring again, that's for sure.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
View attachment 19768 Cheap Hands On brand from Walmart...3 pairs for $6...I've been wearing this pair since just after labor day. I cut the finger tips for easy HIN writing and texting. Only thing is I have to wash them twice a week or they start to smell like sweaty monkey :censored2:!

These gloves are terrible. Get a nylon coated gloves. Google "flex lite", best gloves if you are working in the men's section.

HardknocksUPSer

Many small hubs I imagine are basically like working outside, especially in the north (open bay doors for PCs in 3 directions, trailer docks in the 4th, < 20 loading dock doors meaning the center is small enough that you catch cross winds from every direction no matter where you are inside).

You can't work fast enough for your hands to not get cold when you're 20 feet from the open bay door, it's sub freezing temps, and gusting 25mph winds every night.

I do agree gloves suck though, almost nobody wears them here because they're annoying, unfortunately, it makes picking anything up difficult when your hands are numb.

Looking forward to spring again, that's for sure.
Lol yeah small center, cross winds and such suck, sometimes our sups actually turn the heat on, anything to keep us working.

Needle Ran

Well to anyone searching, I've found the perfect work gloves, at least for me.

They're Wells Lamont 526LN cold weather gloves.

81n2IccuEjL._SY450_.jpg

These got me through a 48 hour work week without bursting through which is a hell of a lot more than I can say about the home depot gloves which didn't last me a 20 hour work week, so these get my highest recommendation.

The only thing that I'm unsure about is rather they'll be uncomfortable to load/unload with when the weather warms up, but that's of small concern now.

They're listed at 9.99 (at full price) at Amazon for 2 but they are often on sale and you should be able to find some at Walmart for 6 bucks if your local one stocks it.

Considering the ones I'm wearing now lasted me 2-3 weeks, I say they're a great investment.

Attachments

• 81n2IccuEjL__SL1500_.jpg
    81n2IccuEjL__SL1500_.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 162