Gloves recomondation for cold winter

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Insane! Wonder where the nearest center is up there?
There’s people that definitely live out that way and the area I’ve driven is between Sacramento and Lake Tahoe. Such a beautiful area but so damn expensive and Forrest fires would suck. Some of those houses only have one way up and down to get off the mountain if SHTF.

I’ve driven that in the summertime and it’s beautiful AF….but you are up there in elevation with some decent turns and lots of rock slide areas. No way would I drive that in a car in winter let alone in a semi….you look back in your mirrors and start seeing the ups logo in both trailers and you are pretty much :censored2:ed up there.
It's not so bad, just don't be in a hurry.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
I’ve driven that in the summertime and it’s beautiful AF….but you are up there in elevation with some decent turns and lots of rock slide areas. No way would I drive that in a car in winter let alone in a semi….you look back in your mirrors and start seeing the ups logo in both trailers and you are pretty much :censored2:ed up there.
Been up there in December. In a blizzard. It was terrible, and I grew up on Lake Superior.
Came up on a car in the middle of the freeway with the flashers on...I stop, it's a young woman trying to put chains on. So I pull off, throw the flashers on and crawl around in that :censored2: for 20 minutes and get her chains on.
Now, being from Michigan, I expected a warm thank you, but she barely even waved and drove off. Welcome to California!

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Been up there in December. In a blizzard. It was terrible, and I grew up on Lake Superior.
Came up on a car in the middle of the freeway with the flashers on...I stop, it's a young woman trying to put chains on. So I pull off, throw the flashers on and crawl around in that :censored2: for 20 minutes and get her chains on.
Now, being from Michigan, I expected a warm thank you, but she barely even waved and drove off. Welcome to California!
Fk that…she can put her own chains on if she wants to be Karen.

Brownwind

Yep. It’s the same thing here.

At our chain stations sometimes the rangers turn the kids around. The sheriff has even less of a sense of humor. I stopped helping them. Most of them will block the pass/gulch when they sail off the lane

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Deep down inside my young lustful heart I thought I'd get a BJ outta the deal. Instead I slept with my dog in my Jeep in a Caltrans parking lot. Woke up with a quarter inch of ice inside my car.
Yeah…sometimes the BJ thing just doesn’t happen and life just takes a big dump on your head instead.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
oldroadbeech would do it. He/She/It had some tall tales about the trip I believe.
Every trucker running I-80 probably knew her one way or another. She thought she was hot :censored2: but probably have to have an attitude in the winter time going over the pass 2x a night.

Last edited:

pkgdriver

Insane! Wonder where the nearest center is up there?
Think there are three in the area. Sparks(Reno), South Lake Tahoe, and one west on i80 a ways. Think South Lake Tahoe goes there. Maybe somebody here knows.
P.S. The World Famous Mustang Ranch isnt too far up I80 from Sparks. First place I saw triples being pulled.

oldroadbeech would do it. He/She/It had some tall tales about the trip I believe.
@Frankie

20160714_134202-2.jpg