God Bless Donald Trump!!

bacha29

Well that would be one thing he has in common with Obama.
Civilizations have spent the past 8000 years destroying each other over the question of whose God is the true God and who loves him more. Given how global tensions are escalating and driven for the most part by religious extremism it looks like we are about ready to tear the world apart again. Only this time it's not going to be regional and it's not going to be fought by men on foot carrying swords and spears.

vantexan

Civilizations have spent the past 8000 years destroying each other over the question of whose God is the true God and who loves him more. Given how global tensions are escalating and driven for the most part by religious extremism it looks like we are about ready to tear the world apart again. Only this time it's not going to be regional and it's not going to be fought by men on foot carrying swords and spears.
What matters concerning competing religions is there is one religion that from it's inception has demanded that non-believers either convert, pay tribute and be subservient if not willing to convert, or die. And they to this day are not only attacking Christians but other religions too. Hindus in India have suffered greatly at their hands. Someone will inevitably bring up the Crusades. They were a response to this religion overrunning the Middle East and it's eventual domination of southern Europe for centuries. Which religion is this? We all know. It may have many millions of peaceful adherents, but it's jihadist element has been there from the start, only today they have much more dangerous weapons and are trying to develop nukes. And our last administration tried to buy off some of the most extreme jihadists. Ask the folks who fought WWII what appeasement gets you.

bacha29

What matters concerning competing religions is there is one religion that from it's inception has demanded that non-believers either convert, pay tribute and be subservient if not willing to convert, or die. And they to this day are not only attacking Christians but other religions too. Hindus in India have suffered greatly at their hands. Someone will inevitably bring up the Crusades. They were a response to this religion overrunning the Middle East and it's eventual domination of southern Europe for centuries. Which religion is this? We all know. It may have many millions of peaceful adherents, but it's jihadist element has been there from the start, only today they have much more dangerous weapons and are trying to develop nukes. And our last administration tried to buy off some of the most extreme jihadists. Ask the folks who fought WWII what appeasement gets you.
Right wing extremists and corporate apologists like yourself seem all too eager for a war. That's understandable. The military/ industrial complex with make a :censored2: load of money while a lot of innocent 18 and 19 kids get their heads blown off. So before you get all riled up ready for war keep one thing in mind. Russia has the Satan II. A nuke so powerful it alone can destroy France or wipe Texas clean of the map with the delivery system to deliver that payload anywhere in the world they choose. And your boy Trump's big mouth might just get us into a Cuban Missile Crisis style nuclear showdown. So you better head for Meckico ASAP.

vantexan

Right wing extremists and corporate apologists like yourself seem all too eager for a war. That's understandable. The military/ industrial complex with make a :censored2: load of money while a lot of innocent 18 and 19 kids get their heads blown off. So before you get all riled up ready for war keep one thing in mind. Russia has the Satan II. A nuke so powerful it alone can destroy France or wipe Texas clean of the map with the delivery system to deliver that payload anywhere in the world they choose. And your boy Trump's big mouth might just get us into a Cuban Missile Crisis style nuclear showdown. So you better head for Meckico ASAP.
I'm not looking for any such thing. I'm worried that fanatics like Iran's mullahs might risk self annihilation to wipe Israel off the map. Giving them whatever they wanted hasn't stopped them from continuing their nuclear weapons program, which Obama and Kerry assured us would stop when they signed the agreement. It'll be a lot more than our young men getting killed if they develop weapons that can reach the east coast. I sure hope our gov't has a secret weapon that'll destroy incoming missiles.

bacha29

I'm not looking for any such thing. I'm worried that fanatics like Iran's mullahs might risk self annihilation to wipe Israel off the map. Giving them whatever they wanted hasn't stopped them from continuing their nuclear weapons program, which Obama and Kerry assured us would stop when they signed the agreement. It'll be a lot more than our young men getting killed if they develop weapons that can reach the east coast. I sure hope our gov't has a secret weapon that'll destroy incoming missiles.
Don't worry about Israel. Moments after an Iranian attack the Israeli Air Force which is recognized by many as being man for man the best air force in the world will be taking off for Iran with everything they have in their tool bag and they will teach Iran a lesson they will never forget. The damage with be catastrophic and they won't give a flying face flack about Iran's Russian ally.

It will be fine

By all accounts I've heard the Iranian nuclear deal is working as designed. They are not enriching weapons grade uranium and inspectors are being allowed free access. It's really the only viable solution. Even if you bomb the known nuclear facilities it doesn't stop them from making more that we don't know about. Inspectors can inspect anything making it much harder to hide facilities. Iran can mine their own uranium, they have the scientific knowledge and capability. It's pretty silly to think we can stop them from making a bomb indefinetly.

vantexan

By all accounts I've heard the Iranian nuclear deal is working as designed. They are not enriching weapons grade uranium and inspectors are being allowed free access. It's really the only viable solution. Even if you bomb the known nuclear facilities it doesn't stop them from making more that we don't know about. Inspectors can inspect anything making it much harder to hide facilities. Iran can mine their own uranium, they have the scientific knowledge and capability. It's pretty silly to think we can stop them from making a bomb indefinetly.
So are you saying that it's ok for them to test ballistic missiles even though as part of the recent agreement they weren't allowed to do anything ballistic missile wise for 8 years? Hey, they're going to get them eventually anyways, so who cares about treaties and agreements?
Heck, let's give'em $150 billion to boot so that they can get to where they want to be faster. And Bacha, who cares if Israel can fly circles around everyone else? Won't mean much if they suffer a nuclear attack on Tel Aviv or Jerusalem. I've read 6 nuclear bombs could completely destroy Israel. They'll have time to launch their own missiles, millions will die. Is that what we're saying when we say "don't worry about Israel?"

bbsam

Staff member
So are you saying that it's ok for them to test ballistic missiles even though as part of the recent agreement they weren't allowed to do anything ballistic missile wise for 8 years? Hey, they're going to get them eventually anyways, so who cares about treaties and agreements?
Heck, let's give'em $150 billion to boot so that they can get to where they want to be faster. And Bacha, who cares if Israel can fly circles around everyone else? Won't mean much if they suffer a nuclear attack on Tel Aviv or Jerusalem. I've read 6 nuclear bombs could completely destroy Israel. They'll have time to launch their own missiles, millions will die. Is that what we're saying when we say "don't worry about Israel?"
If you want to prevent Iran from getting a nuclear bomb, it will take full scale war and occupation not simply bluster and tough talk. Nobody, not even Trump wants that.

vantexan

If you want to prevent Iran from getting a nuclear bomb, it will take full scale war and occupation not simply bluster and tough talk. Nobody, not even Trump wants that.
Another appeaser. In your mind apparently Iran wants nuclear weapons just to so they can have the prestige of being in the nuclear "club." We should let them. Never mind that previous Iranian president said in speech that they would soon have the means to destroy Israel. It's all posturing. There are no bad, fanatical zealots among Muslims. They're just misunderstood. Nothing in their history that remotely suggests they're dangerous. It's all a ploy of the military-industrial complex. And I'm the dumb one.

bbsam

Staff member
Another appeaser. In your mind apparently Iran wants nuclear weapons just to so they can have the prestige of being in the nuclear "club." We should let them. Never mind that previous Iranian president said in speech that they would soon have the means to destroy Israel. It's all posturing. There are no bad, fanatical zealots among Muslims. They're just misunderstood. Nothing in their history that remotely suggests they're dangerous. It's all a ploy of the military-industrial complex. And I'm the dumb one.
You are a chickenhawk. A Dick Cheney world view with no plan to really get what your stated objective is. Yes. You are the not smart one.

vantexan

You are a chickenhawk. A Dick Cheney world view with no plan to really get what your stated objective is. Yes. You are the not smart one.
Sticks and stones may break my bones but you are still a left wing appeaser who, like the rest of them, will get us into trouble that the right wing will have to fight it's way out of. Never once in my posts did I advocate military action but ultimately if you don't stand up to evil you'll have to defend yourself from it eventually. That means you use every tool at your disposal such as sanctions and diplomacy. But if you're going to give them everything they want with little in return they don't fear disregarding signed documents. That's exactly what is happening now because spineless Obama and Kerry were so busy working on their own legacies they forgot who they were dealing with.

It will be fine

Sticks and stones may break my bones but you are still a left wing appeaser who, like the rest of them, will get us into trouble that the right wing will have to fight it's way out of. Never once in my posts did I advocate military action but ultimately if you don't stand up to evil you'll have to defend yourself from it eventually. That means you use every tool at your disposal such as sanctions and diplomacy. But if you're going to give them everything they want with little in return they don't fear disregarding signed documents. That's exactly what is happening now because spineless Obama and Kerry were so busy working on their own legacies they forgot who they were dealing with.
I can't facepalm this post any harder. The Iranian deal is working as designed despite what right wing media you listen to. Iran shut down their plutonium reactor and have not been enriching weapons grade uranium. They allow inspectors to verify this. It's not appeasement if it's working. The ballistic missile test was not a violation of the new nuclear deal. It violates previous UN sanctions though. Iran did it because they don't respect Trump and are testing what they can get away with. Trump is so bumbling he thinks he can tough talk his way into them backing down. It plays well to his base but isn't effective foreign policy.