God Bless Donald Trump!!

Maui

Since 2009, Democrats have sustained a net loss of:

63 seats in the House of Representatives
11 seats in the Senate
13 governorships
947 state legislators

GOP now govern 33 states and control 27 state legislatures. And the presidency!

You're right, their message is connecting like you wouldn't believe and I hope it keeps connecting.

This is correct. It is still also true that more citizens voted for Democrats in these elections. It is also true that some gerrymandered states are being forced to have their maps redrawn. It is additionally correct that the GOP will likely retain the Senate in 2018 given that only 8 GOP seats are up for re-election.

The Democrats have terrible strategy. The GOP focused where it needed and that was in state legislatures in 2010 to draw the maps after Census 2010. It is probable that there will be a shift in the other direction for Census 2020 and the Senate map favors Dems a bit more too. We will see if that comes to pass.

vantexan

So the only black people that have a problem with police are guilty? That is absurd. Driving while black is real. Black people get pulled over by police because of their skin color. They get harrassed and killed because of their skin color. To not even acknowledge that it happens is ridiculous.
Unfortunately good blacks have to put up with hassles because of the disproportionate amount of crime committed in their neighborhoods. And that spills over into other neighborhoods too. Y'all make it sound like white cops across the board are trying to hassle and hurt decent black people. Look at Chicago. It's practically a war zone in black neighborhoods. Are the cops doing the killing? No, but white liberals and black race hustlers push the narrative that everything is the cops' fault. The result is the cops have pulled way back on policing to protect themselves from lawsuits and the criminal element is running wild. Since the Black Lives Matter movement started I've spoken with several blacks who believe the rhetoric that white cops are hunting down blacks everywhere. They refuse to believe that over 90% of black murders are committed by other blacks. That same rhetoric got a number of cops killed in ambushes last year. This is the same stuff you folks are pushing because it plays well in certain precincts and gets you votes. It's Democrats divisive rhetoric that a lot of people are now seeing through and are voting Republican. The fact is our last President was one of, if not the most divisive ever on race. Couple that with the PC nonsense being worshipped in universities and we have literally a powderkeg that's close to exploding. I personally wish we had a president who was implementing the same policies Trump is but with restraint, humor, and intellect. Trump doesn't help himself and he's feeding millions of trolls. But this country needs it's course corrected, and for at least two years we have a shot at getting it righted. I know y'all don't agree, what else is new. God bless Donald Trump!

It will be fine

Unfortunately good blacks have to put up with hassles because of the disproportionate amount of crime committed in their neighborhoods. And that spills over into other neighborhoods too. Y'all make it sound like white cops across the board are trying to hassle and hurt decent black people. Look at Chicago. It's practically a war zone in black neighborhoods. Are the cops doing the killing? No, but white liberals and black race hustlers push the narrative that everything is the cops' fault. The result is the cops have pulled way back on policing to protect themselves from lawsuits and the criminal element is running wild. Since the Black Lives Matter movement started I've spoken with several blacks who believe the rhetoric that white cops are hunting down blacks everywhere. They refuse to believe that over 90% of black murders are committed by other blacks. That same rhetoric got a number of cops killed in ambushes last year. This is the same stuff you folks are pushing because it plays well in certain precincts and gets you votes. It's Democrats divisive rhetoric that a lot of people are now seeing through and are voting Republican. The fact is our last President was one of, if not the most divisive ever on race. Couple that with the PC nonsense being worshipped in universities and we have literally a powderkeg that's close to exploding. I personally wish we had a president who was implementing the same policies Trump is but with restraint, humor, and intellect. Trump doesn't help himself and he's feeding millions of trolls. But this country needs it's course corrected, and for at least two years we have a shot at getting it righted. I know y'all don't agree, what else is new. God bless Donald Trump!
That's a long rant that doesn't acknowledge the real racial problems black people face when dealing with police. Keep making excuses and pretending the issue doesn't exist, that should fix it.

vantexan

That's a long rant that doesn't acknowledge the real racial problems black people face when dealing with police. Keep making excuses and pretending the issue doesn't exist, that should fix it.
Again you are pushing the narrative that white cops everywhere are harassing blacks. Not saying it doesn't happen, just not to the extent y'all are saying. Blacks have more to fear from fellow blacks than from whites. But saying the opposite gets white liberals votes. And I'm not in any way discounting the horrors blacks have faced in this country. But white liberals won't acknowledge the advances made or the problems not caused by whites. It's in your self interest to keep the races divided and distrustful.

bacha29

Jeff Sessions also prosecuted, convicted, and got the death penalty for a KKK member in Alabama. The same senators excoriating him today were saying how wonderful he was to work with a couple of years ago. The truth is that when it comes to being in a position of power, holding views about how things are done that run against what Democrats want, they will lie about and distort a Republican's record every time. This is why Democrats are losing across the board in both Federal and state elections. Good luck with your strategy, it's served you well. And the fact is if a minority wants to vote he has to meet the same requirements as a white person. There is nothing onerous about obtaining a picture I.D.. Just Democrats playing the race card to cover the real issue that their party is willing to do just about anything to win and are trying to prevent the ability to cheat being taken away from them.
The reason the Reps rammed Jeff Sessions confirmation through is that the AG would have to spearhead the investigation of charges against Trump that could result in impeachment . He doesn't have the balls to do it and that's why he's the new AG.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The reason the Reps rammed Jeff Sessions confirmation through is that the AG would have to spearhead the investigation of charges against Trump that could result in impeachment . He doesn't have the balls to do it and that's why he's the new AG.

Good reasoning. Sessions will be compliant and complicit.

Serf

Again you are pushing the narrative that white cops everywhere are harassing blacks. Not saying it doesn't happen, just not to the extent y'all are saying. Blacks have more to fear from fellow blacks than from whites. But saying the opposite gets white liberals votes. And I'm not in any way discounting the horrors blacks have faced in this country. But white liberals won't acknowledge the advances made or the problems not caused by whites. It's in your self interest to keep the races divided and distrustful.
I hear you Van. It makes me cringe when people say: "we got to come to together people." I often think that the two sides are so far apart that they can not even reasonably sit at the same table proverbial table to discuss what ails them. It's that bad, that's how far off the sides are.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
So the only black people that have a problem with police are guilty? That is absurd. Driving while black is real. Black people get pulled over by police because of their skin color. They get harrassed and killed because of their skin color. To not even acknowledge that it happens is ridiculous.

Where are all these dead innocent people who were killed by the cops for their skin color?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
This is correct. It is still also true that more citizens voted for Democrats in these elections. It is also true that some gerrymandered states are being forced to have their maps redrawn. It is additionally correct that the GOP will likely retain the Senate in 2018 given that only 8 GOP seats are up for re-election.

The Democrats have terrible strategy. The GOP focused where it needed and that was in state legislatures in 2010 to draw the maps after Census 2010. It is probable that there will be a shift in the other direction for Census 2020 and the Senate map favors Dems a bit more too. We will see if that comes to pass.

This was supposed to be a bloodbath that would be felt all up and down the ballot. I don't think you can use gerrymandering as a way to explain away their horrible inability to gauge what is going on with the electorate.