God Bless Donald Trump!!

bacha29

Are you under the impression that only Amish live in those areas?
Is this weak response the best you can do.? Yes there are non Amish and Mennonites in those areas but if they did not comprise a significant voting block Bush wouldn't have made a well publicized trip out to see them.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Dude, that is white privilege talking.

"White privilege" is the new catch-all bogeyman.

Are you not familiar with Ferguson?

I think so. Isn't that the place where a thug attacked a cop and tried to steal his gun, then disobeyed the cop's commands to stop and charged at him until he was given a fatal case of lead poisoning? And was the story, as told by the fine citizens of that fair city, that the cop shot him in the back as his hands were up and he was running away? And then there were a few days of rioting where animals ran wild and robbed and burned and looted and destroyed other peoples' property?

Is that the one?

Are you unaware of the Georgia effort to have a polling location in police precinct that killed an unarmed Black man?

Never heard of it and it's irrelevant. Michael Brown was unarmed and deserved every shot. And then some.

Maui

"White privilege" is the new catch-all bogeyman.

I think so. Isn't that the place where a thug attacked a cop and tried to steal his gun, then disobeyed the cop's commands to stop and charged at him until he was given a fatal case of lead poisoning? And was the story, as told by the fine citizens of that fair city, that the cop shot him in the back as his hands were up and he was running away? And then there were a few days of rioting where animals ran wild and robbed and burned and looted and destroyed other peoples' property?

Is that the one?

Never heard of it and it's irrelevant. Michael Brown was unarmed and deserved every shot. And then some.
I'm not sure if you are a simpleton or just a good old fashioned racist. The privilege is in thinking others have it as easy as a white conservative in red state KS.

Your bias blinded you to the point on Ferguson. There was civil unrest and significant problems laid bare by the Michael Brown incident. The point is that there were underlying causes. The police force was 90% white in a 66% black community. Here is a sample list of findings from the DOJ:
Examples Cited by the Report
  • Several police and court employees expressed racist views in emails and interviews. Messages between Ferguson officials compared African-Americans to chimpanzees and characterized a black woman’s abortion as an effective crime-stopping tool. VIEW IN REPORT »
  • Routine interactions between officers and black residents quickly escalated. In 2012, for example, an officer patted down a black man whose car appeared to violate a city code on window tinting. The man was ultimately arrested on eight offenses, including “making a false declaration” by giving his nickname instead of the name on his license. Over the course of the arrest, the officer accused him of being a pedophile, asked to search his car without cause and reportedly held a gun to his head. VIEW IN REPORT »
  • The Ferguson Police Department used tasers and dogs in excess on black suspects. In 2013, one man was chased down and bitten by an officer’s dog even though the officer had frisked him and knew the man was unarmed. The officer’s supervisor later justified the use of force with a patently untrue statement, suggesting that the officer feared “that the subject was armed.”
The police chief was forced to resign after all the racist practices came to light. I used Ferguson as an example of the issue with police mistrust and the potential problems with police at the polling place.

You have no idea what happened in GA by your own admission. That means you also have no idea of it's relevance. Just a knee-jerk white supremacist answer rather than accounting of facts.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I'm not sure if you are a simpleton or just a good old fashioned racist. The privilege is in thinking others have it as easy as a white conservative in red state KS.

Your bias blinded you to the point on Ferguson. There was civil unrest and significant problems laid bare by the Michael Brown incident. The point is that there were underlying causes. The police force was 90% white in a 66% black community. Here is a sample list of findings from the DOJ:
  • Several police and court employees expressed racist views in emails and interviews. Messages between Ferguson officials compared African-Americans to chimpanzees and characterized a black woman’s abortion as an effective crime-stopping tool. VIEW IN REPORT »
  • Routine interactions between officers and black residents quickly escalated. In 2012, for example, an officer patted down a black man whose car appeared to violate a city code on window tinting. The man was ultimately arrested on eight offenses, including “making a false declaration” by giving his nickname instead of the name on his license. Over the course of the arrest, the officer accused him of being a pedophile, asked to search his car without cause and reportedly held a gun to his head. VIEW IN REPORT »
  • The Ferguson Police Department used tasers and dogs in excess on black suspects. In 2013, one man was chased down and bitten by an officer’s dog even though the officer had frisked him and knew the man was unarmed. The officer’s supervisor later justified the use of force with a patently untrue statement, suggesting that the officer feared “that the subject was armed.”
The police chief was forced to resign after all the racist practices came to light. I used Ferguson as an example of the issue with police mistrust and the potential problems with police at the polling place.

You have no idea what happened in GA by your own admission. That means you also have no idea of it's relevance. Just a knee-jerk white supremacist answer rather than accounting of facts.

They have no idea what White Privilege is. As far as they are concerned, it doesn't exist, and the current narrative is that minorities actually receive "privileged" treatment.

Because they're ignorant, they believe as they are told, and parrot the lies.

vantexan

Dude, that is white privilege talking. Are you not familiar with Ferguson? Are you unaware of the Georgia effort to have a polling location in police precinct that killed an unarmed Black man?

Just because you do not like the facts that does not mean you should discard them. That makes you seem irrational. There are many types of voter intimidation and suppression. And yes voter ID laws have been struck down. We've told you (and linked to articles about it) from NC. There are others, but these stories are very rarely published. That is THE WHOLE POINT of LetAmericaVote. Most of these issues are kept from the public. This is an effort to make the problems know to all people including white America. I'm not sure more facts or info will keep you from your delusion. You state here you silly choose what you believe.
Let me see, are all policemen Republicans? Are all policemen racists? Are all minorities totally innocent of any wrongdoing? How many black lives have been saved by white cops arresting black criminals? How many white cops, and black cops too, have lost their lives protecting good people in minority neighborhoods? Why the constant drone of how evil whites are by white liberals who'll never be satisfied until they run everything? How many distortions and lies will we have to put up with? Are there bad cops? Absolutely and they should be rooted out. But your msg is distorted to get votes, and good cops lose their lives because of it. Crawl back under your rock.

It will be fine

Let me see, are all policemen Republicans? Are all policemen racists? Are all minorities totally innocent of any wrongdoing? How many black lives have been saved by white cops arresting black criminals? How many white cops, and black cops too, have lost their lives protecting good people in minority neighborhoods? Why the constant drone of how evil whites are by white liberals who'll never be satisfied until they run everything? How many distortions and lies will we have to put up with? Are there bad cops? Absolutely and they should be rooted out. But your msg is distorted to get votes, and good cops lose their lives because of it. Crawl back under your rock.
More intellectual dishonesty. Do you think the one incident with police is what lead to riots in Fergeson? It was years if not decades of racist police behavior leading up to it. It was years of reports to police about abuse of the black community that went unanswered and unaddressed. Black people have very different interactions with police than while people, this is fact. You've never lived it so don't dismiss the reality.

bacha29

. We'll crawl back under out rocks when you crawl back into your prairie dog hole. Life as you know it is quite different out there in tornado alley especially in Hicksville KS. population 193 where half the town's on Social security and the other half's on relief. But rest assured we Progressives will do everything we can to preserve your entitlements which will keep you from starving......Right after you shoot all the prairie dogs. I hear they taste just like chicken.

Maui

Strawman aside, you asked for cases and were given cases which you ignored. Your fragile white ego could not handle the fact that everyone's experience may not match your own. You asked about police in polling locations. I provided that information and you write this utter nonsense. You said all adult US citizens should vote. If laws make it harder for some to vote, then the result is voter suppression.

The Department of Justice is tasked with investigating voter issues.
Here is just one state SC and the data is similar elsewhere:

"In other words, according to the state's data, which compare the available data in the state's voter registration database with the available data in the state's DMV database, minority registered voters were nearly 20% more likely to lack DMV-issued ID than white registered voters, and thus to be effectively disenfranchised by Act R54's new requirements. We note that the voter registration data matched against the DMV database, and provided to us by the state, does not include several categories of existing registered voters listed as inactive voters, and hence, the number of registered voters without DMV-issued ID may well be higher than even these numbers suggest." Letter from DOJ to SC

The Attorney General leads the Department of Justice. That means Jeff Sessions will be tasked with heading these investigations if confirmed. Here are Coretta Scott King's words:

"I write to express my sincere opposition to the confirmation of Jefferson B. Sessions as a federal district court judge for the Southern District of Alabama. My professional and personal roots in Alabama are deep and lasting. Anyone who has used the power of his office as United States Attorney to intimidate and chill the free exercise of the ballot by citizens should not be elevated to our courts. Mr. Sessions has used the awesome powers of his office in a shabby attempt to intimidate and frighten elderly black voters. For this reprehensible conduct, he should not be rewarded with a federal judgeship."

vantexan

Strawman aside, you asked for cases and were given cases which you ignored. Your fragile white ego could not handle the fact that everyone's experience may not match your own. You asked about police in polling locations. I provided that information and you write this utter nonsense. You said all adult US citizens should vote. If laws make it harder for some to vote, then the result is voter suppression.

The Department of Justice is tasked with investigating voter issues.
Here is just one state SC and the data is similar elsewhere:

"In other words, according to the state's data, which compare the available data in the state's voter registration database with the available data in the state's DMV database, minority registered voters were nearly 20% more likely to lack DMV-issued ID than white registered voters, and thus to be effectively disenfranchised by Act R54's new requirements. We note that the voter registration data matched against the DMV database, and provided to us by the state, does not include several categories of existing registered voters listed as inactive voters, and hence, the number of registered voters without DMV-issued ID may well be higher than even these numbers suggest." Letter from DOJ to SC

The Attorney General leads the Department of Justice. That means Jeff Sessions will be tasked with heading these investigations if confirmed. Here are Coretta Scott King's words:

"I write to express my sincere opposition to the confirmation of Jefferson B. Sessions as a federal district court judge for the Southern District of Alabama. My professional and personal roots in Alabama are deep and lasting. Anyone who has used the power of his office as United States Attorney to intimidate and chill the free exercise of the ballot by citizens should not be elevated to our courts. Mr. Sessions has used the awesome powers of his office in a shabby attempt to intimidate and frighten elderly black voters. For this reprehensible conduct, he should not be rewarded with a federal judgeship."
Jeff Sessions also prosecuted, convicted, and got the death penalty for a KKK member in Alabama. The same senators excoriating him today were saying how wonderful he was to work with a couple of years ago. The truth is that when it comes to being in a position of power, holding views about how things are done that run against what Democrats want, they will lie about and distort a Republican's record every time. This is why Democrats are losing across the board in both Federal and state elections. Good luck with your strategy, it's served you well. And the fact is if a minority wants to vote he has to meet the same requirements as a white person. There is nothing onerous about obtaining a picture I.D.. Just Democrats playing the race card to cover the real issue that their party is willing to do just about anything to win and are trying to prevent the ability to cheat being taken away from them.

Maui

For good measure, here is another case.

This one from TX; Patina et al v City of Pasadena
After the SCOTUS struck down part of the Voting Rights Act of 1965, the city sought to protect a white majority on the council in the face of changing demographics and no longer needed preclearance to disenfrachise Latinos.

Last Friday, the 5th Circuit ruled "plan was intended to dilute those votes because they were cast by Latino voters, in violation of the Fourteenth Amendment."and "These provide strong objective indicia of a legislative intent to dilute Latino voting strength."

Pasadena must now use the previously drawn maps and seek pre clearance for changes.

Maui

Jeff Sessions also prosecuted, convicted, and got the death penalty for a KKK member in Alabama. The same senators excoriating him today were saying how wonderful he was to work with a couple of years ago. The truth is that when it comes to being in a position of power, holding views about how things are done that run against what Democrats want, they will lie about and distort a Republican's record every time. This is why Democrats are losing across the board in both Federal and state elections. Good luck with your strategy, it's served you well. And the fact is if a minority wants to vote he has to meet the same requirements as a white person. There is nothing onerous about obtaining a picture I.D.. Just Democrats playing the race card to cover the real issue that their party is willing to do just about anything to win and are trying to prevent the ability to cheat being taken away from them.

You clearly did not read, or maybe did not comprehend. We KNOW that minority groups have a disparate impact from these laws. In Sessions home state of AL government officials sought to close 31 DMV locations and closed the office in 8 of the 10 largest minority percentage population counties. Sessions has been in the US Senate for 20 years and has done nothing to advance Voting Rights; exactly the opposite in fact. He has not supported black federal judges in a state that is 26% black. There has only been one black federal judge in AL during his tenure.

And we all know what these restrictions seek. To limit voter participation from minority voters that might support Democratic candidates. In 2016 the Democrats won more Presidential and Senate votes and in 2012 that included more House votes as well. The Democratic nominee has received the most votes in every Presidential election since 1992, except 2004. Their message connects with more people.

59 Dano

I obey the law and expect others to do the same.

Your bias blinded you to the point on Ferguson. There was civil unrest and significant problems laid bare by the Michael Brown incident.

The Brown incident was a cop doing exactly what he should have done in that situation. And the DOJ backed him up.

The point is that there were underlying causes. The police force was 90% white in a 66% black community. Here is a sample list of findings from the DOJ:
My goodness, you're daft. A handful of anecdotes do not constitute data.

It's okay, snowflake. Maybe you'll grow as big a pair in real life as you have on a message board.

59 Dano

They have no idea what White Privilege is. As far as they are concerned, it doesn't exist, and the current narrative is that minorities actually receive "privileged" treatment.

Because they're ignorant, they believe as they are told, and parrot the lies.

Most proponents of the white privilege stupidity are guilty white liberals.

59 Dano

More intellectual dishonesty. Do you think the one incident with police is what lead to riots in Fergeson? It was years if not decades of racist police behavior leading up to it. It was years of reports to police about abuse of the black community that went unanswered and unaddressed. Black people have very different interactions with police than while people, this is fact. You've never lived it so don't dismiss the reality.

I've known plenty of black people who have a negative opinion of the police. By some strange coincidence, they or their friends/relatives also tend to stay in trouble. Same goes for the whites who have a similar opinion.

Sorry, but if you don't know how to behave your interactions with the police won't be pleasant.

59 Dano

And we all know what these restrictions seek. To limit voter participation from minority voters that might support Democratic candidates. In 2016 the Democrats won more Presidential and Senate votes and in 2012 that included more House votes as well. The Democratic nominee has received the most votes in every Presidential election since 1992, except 2004. Their message connects with more people.

Since 2009, Democrats have sustained a net loss of:

63 seats in the House of Representatives
11 seats in the Senate
13 governorships
947 state legislators

GOP now govern 33 states and control 27 state legislatures. And the presidency!

You're right, their message is connecting like you wouldn't believe and I hope it keeps connecting.

It will be fine

I've known plenty of black people who have a negative opinion of the police. By some strange coincidence, they or their friends/relatives also tend to stay in trouble. Same goes for the whites who have a similar opinion.

Sorry, but if you don't know how to behave your interactions with the police won't be pleasant.
So the only black people that have a problem with police are guilty? That is absurd. Driving while black is real. Black people get pulled over by police because of their skin color. They get harrassed and killed because of their skin color. To not even acknowledge that it happens is ridiculous.