God Bless Donald Trump!!

vantexan

Van doesn't believe in voter suppression. Like most republicans he thinks all the voter ID laws and limiting of early and absentee voting just happens to disproportionately effect poor and minority voters. Republicans are in favor of fewer people voting.
I'm in Kansas, which has early voting and absentee voting and is a heavily Republican state. Seems to work here. What I don't understand is minorities drive cars and fly on planes, both of which require picture ID. No one says that's unfair to them. Yet ask for same at polling stations and y'all make it sound like Jim Crow laws are being reinstated. Are the majority of minority voters without picture ID? If so how do they function in today's world? Also, how is posting policeman at polling stations voter suppression? Link says there's never been one case of voter I.D. fraud in Missouri, but goes on about how posting a policeman at doors of polling station is voter suppression. Yet does not cite any examples of police actually turning people away. If they had done so the media would've been all over it. I guess I'm thick in the head because I just don't get what the problem is and why this affects Democrat minorities when it doesn't seem to bother minorities voting Republican.

Last edited:

It will be fine

I'm in Kansas, which has early voting and absentee voting and is a heavily Republican state. Seems to work here. What I don't understand is minorities drive cars and fly on planes, both of which require picture ID. No one says that's unfair to them. Yet ask for same at polling stations and y'all make it sound like Jim Crow laws are being reinstated. Are the majority of minority voters without picture ID? If so how do they function in today's world? Also, how is posting policeman at polling stations voter suppression? Link says there's never been one case of voter I.D. fraud in Missouri, but goes on about how posting a policeman at doors of polling station is voter suppression. Yet does not cite any examples of police actually turning people away. If they had done so the media would've been all over it. I guess I'm thick in the head because I just don't get what the problem is and why this affects Democrat minorities when it doesn't seem to bother minorities voting Republican.
Yes, you're thick in the head. When many of these laws are challenged they are found to disproportionately effect minorities. Regardless of their intent, the reality is that they do. Republicans offer no solutions to that problem because they want voter suppression. A functioning democracy should be encouraging all eligible voters to cast a ballot.

vantexan

Yes, you're thick in the head. When many of these laws are challenged they are found to disproportionately effect minorities. Regardless of their intent, the reality is that they do. Republicans offer no solutions to that problem because they want voter suppression. A functioning democracy should be encouraging all eligible voters to cast a ballot.
Where are the lawsuits? Where is the media coverage? There's no there there. Saying it's so doesn't make it so.

It will be fine

Where are the lawsuits? Where is the media coverage? There's no there there. Saying it's so doesn't make it so.
So Fox News isn't reporting on it so it's not happening? Google is your friend. Look up Texas voter ID lawsuit. They've been dealing with lawsuits since 2012. There have been decisions finding that the law violates the Voting Rights Act and disproportionately diminishes black and Latinos ability to participate in the political process.

Maui

Here are a couple cases. You've been given information, but choose to ignore it. In person voting - and the need for Voter ID is just one part of the problem. There are efforts, not necessarily official channels, but sometimes, that give out incorrect polling info. There are groups that register voters and illegally do not turn in registrations from the opposition party. There is so much to this and you are just blind to all the possible ways suppression can happen. There are fewer voting machines in majority-minority districts making it harder to vote---some states do not have early voting.

We do not have good data on the number of provisional ballots and if they are counted. In Great Britain they report the number of votes received that are not counted. We know if we vote, but we have no clear indication if our votes are counted. You seem really obtuse here and I'm not sure why.

Texas v. Heller
Crawford v. Marion County Board of Elections
Shelby County v. Holder removed the requirement for election law change pre clearance
Moss v. Bush

There are seriously hundreds of cases. The actually get very little MSM coverage.

vantexan

So Fox News isn't reporting on it so it's not happening? Google is your friend. Look up Texas voter ID lawsuit. They've been dealing with lawsuits since 2012. There have been decisions finding that the law violates the Voting Rights Act and disproportionately diminishes black and Latinos ability to participate in the political process.
From liberal judges.

vantexan

Here are a couple cases. You've been given information, but choose to ignore it. In person voting - and the need for Voter ID is just one part of the problem. There are efforts, not necessarily official channels, but sometimes, that give out incorrect polling info. There are groups that register voters and illegally do not turn in registrations from the opposition party. There is so much to this and you are just blind to all the possible ways suppression can happen. There are fewer voting machines in majority-minority districts making it harder to vote---some states do not have early voting.

We do not have good data on the number of provisional ballots and if they are counted. In Great Britain they report the number of votes received that are not counted. We know if we vote, but we have no clear indication if our votes are counted. You seem really obtuse here and I'm not sure why.

Texas v. Heller
Shelby County v. Holder removed the requirement for election law change pre clearance
Moss v. Bush

There are seriously hundreds of cases. The actually get very little MSM coverage.
Has a state's Voter ID law been struck down? Have the police in Missouri or elsewhere since 2000(and I'm just using that number) physically barred anyone from voting who had a legal right to do so?

It will be fine

From liberal judges.
Your intellectual dishonesty is remarkable. You ask for evidence of lawsuits, it's provided and you dismiss it because it doesn't fit your worldview. I don't understand how someone goes through life disregarding facts. It's amazing, I can't wrap my head around it.

vantexan

Texas v. Heller
Moss v. Bush

And the IRS in the Cincinnati office, who were in constant contact with the White House, were denying almost all applications from Republican PAC's for tax exempt status while approving almost all Democrat ones. Dems denied any wrong doing but under oath the head of that office repeatedly took the 5th. There are numerous examples of voter fraud in places like Chicago where dead people vote, often more than once. The hackers turned up evidence of the DNC colluding with Hillary against Bernie Sanders. Undercover reporters had Democrat operatives on video telling how they had planted paid infiltrators at Trump rallies to say racist remarks and start fights. Those two were fired by the Clinton campaign after that came out but the head guy had worked for the Dems over 30 years doing all that. Please don't talk to me about Republican chicanery when the Dems wrote the book on dirty tricks.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Your intellectual dishonesty is remarkable. You ask for evidence of lawsuits, it's provided and you dismiss it because it doesn't fit your worldview. I don't understand how someone goes through life disregarding facts. It's amazing, I can't wrap my head around it.

It goes with being a Republican. Alternative facts rule.

bacha29

IN my state there are a lot of Amish and old order Mennonites. Now these people steadfastly refuse to have their picture taken do to their belief that the "devil" by means of that image is stealing their "soul".. Now should they be denied their right to vote simple due to their beliefs? Keep in mind the Amish as a percentage growth in their numbers is the fastest growing minority in the nation.

vantexan

IN my state there are a lot of Amish and old order Mennonites. Now these people steadfastly refuse to have their picture taken do to their belief that the "devil" by means of that image is stealing their "soul".. Now should they be denied their right to vote simple due to their beliefs? Keep in mind the Amish as a percentage growth in their numbers is the fastest growing minority in the nation.
Do the Amish vote? By the way I have an uncle by marriage who was raised Amish. Like many of them he left all that behind and participates fully in modern society, including having pictures taken. Highly doubtful you'll see traditional Amish buggies parked in front of polling stations.

Maui

And the IRS in the Cincinnati office, who were in constant contact with the White House, were denying almost all applications from Republican PAC's for tax exempt status while approving almost all Democrat ones. Dems denied any wrong doing but under oath the head of that office repeatedly took the 5th. There are numerous examples of voter fraud in places like Chicago where dead people vote, often more than once. The hackers turned up evidence of the DNC colluding with Hillary against Bernie Sanders. Undercover reporters had Democrat operatives on video telling how they had planted paid infiltrators at Trump rallies to say racist remarks and start fights. Those two were fired by the Clinton campaign after that came out but the head guy had worked for the Dems over 30 years doing all that. Please don't talk to me about Republican chicanery when the Dems wrote the book on dirty tricks.
Silly me. I thought you asked because you wanted the information. What a fool I am. I reread what I wrote and I still don't see Republican or Democrat in there anywhere.

Before we proceed i would like to understand you a little better. Should all adult US citizens be able to vote? Should it be easier or harder to vote?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Do the Amish vote? By the way I have an uncle by marriage who was raised Amish. Like many of them he left all that behind and participates fully in modern society, including having pictures taken. Highly doubtful you'll see traditional Amish buggies parked in front of polling stations.

You need a reality check.

bacha29

If the Amish don't vote then why did Bush go out to Amish country to do a campaign stop when he was running for President? Oh yes indeed, they vote.

vantexan

Silly me. I thought you asked because you wanted the information. What a fool I am. I reread what I wrote and I still don't see Republican or Democrat in there anywhere.

Before we proceed i would like to understand you a little better. Should all adult US citizens be able to vote? Should it be easier or harder to vote?
Of course they should. I just don't see it being any harder for one group to vote over another. If we can get ID so can they. As far as info given I've seen so many lies told by Democrats on channels like MSNBC I just don't believe what's being said. That one article clearly suggested that posting policemen at polling stations was a form of intimidation yet no one yet has proven to me that policemen are physically preventing voting. And as I've pointed out Democrats make all kinds of claims about Republicans but act they innocent angels. Usually the first indicator that it's B.S..

Maui

Of course they should. I just don't see it being any harder for one group to vote over another. If we can get ID so can they. As far as info given I've seen so many lies told by Democrats on channels like MSNBC I just don't believe what's being said. That one article clearly suggested that posting policemen at polling stations was a form of intimidation yet no one yet has proven to me that policemen are physically preventing voting. And as I've pointed out Democrats make all kinds of claims about Republicans but act they innocent angels. Usually the first indicator that it's B.S..
Dude, that is white privilege talking. Are you not familiar with Ferguson? Are you unaware of the Georgia effort to have a polling location in police precinct that killed an unarmed Black man?

Just because you do not like the facts that does not mean you should discard them. That makes you seem irrational. There are many types of voter intimidation and suppression. And yes voter ID laws have been struck down. We've told you (and linked to articles about it) from NC. There are others, but these stories are very rarely published. That is THE WHOLE POINT of LetAmericaVote. Most of these issues are kept from the public. This is an effort to make the problems know to all people including white America. I'm not sure more facts or info will keep you from your delusion. You state here you silly choose what you believe.

Oldfart

Whatever. You are in serious denial. You losers accuse anyone who sides against you as being activist judges. So goes the FOX/GOP narrative.

You're a real Kool-Aid drinker.

Losers? I thought Hillary lost. Doesn't that make Hillary and MFE the real losers?