Godspeed

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
Make sure your wife know's about the vote!
Told her and the mistress
GettyImages-77937874-9ed4b0b.jpg

Thebrownblob

8 more pay periods before you all screw yourselves, especially the ones that did not save any $$$.

How’s that vote going?

Enjoy.
Lol same story was said in 1997 and it even had a little meat to it as we weren’t gonna get any money on strike from the union.

If it happens this time, they’ll be money and health insurance, if people aren’t willing to stand up for their selves, after five years of complaining about wanting a better contract, I don’t know what to tell you.

Thebrownblob

I can sit out for the next 30 years.
I put $30 a week in an online account from the very start of the last contract. I have almost $8k just for the strike.
I have done that for almost every contract. If we don’t go on strike, we usually go on vacation or make a big purchase for the family with the money, and then I start a new one at the start of next contract. Fortunately, in previous contracts, the kids got to go to Disney World a couple times, and Hawaii.

I put $30 a week in an online account from the very start of the last contract. I have almost $8k just for the strike.
I have done that for almost every contract. If we don’t go on strike, we usually go on vacation or make a big purchase for the family with the money, and then I start a new one at the start of next contract. Fortunately, in previous contracts, the kids got to go to Disney World a couple times, and Hawaii.
$8k LOL. I have that much in my sock drawer. LOL

Thebrownblob

$8k LOL. I have that much in my sock drawer. LOL
Hey, that’s great, the $30 a week is to demonstrate how easy it is to build up a nice little cushion for people who don’t seem to understand how to do it and hopefully don’t get stuck in the situation at the next contract.

And the word of advice to you would be to take that money that you say you have in your sock drawer and put it somewhere where you can actually earn something you’re wasting your time keeping in your sock drawer when you could be investing it.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Hey, that’s great, the $30 a week is to demonstrate how easy it is to build up a nice little cushion for people who don’t seem to understand how to do it and hopefully don’t get stuck in the situation at the next contract.

And the word of advice to you would be to take that money that you say you have in your sock drawer and put it somewhere where you can actually earn something you’re wasting your time keeping in your sock drawer when you could be investing it.
After 97 I saved on average 100 a week. I was never gonna go through that stress again. The fools that work to their income are exactly that, fools.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
It’s not hard to do once you start doing it.
Exactly. That money didn’t exist as far as daily expenses were concerned. I learned to live without it. I used some to go on vacation or to buy a nice gun, but I never depleted it completely. I never forgot that I was building a house in 97, and the stress that caused me and my wife. You work in a union job, you need to be prepared. I’m not special, but I do learn from my mistakes.

Last edited: