Going to integrad

rod

Retired 22 years
I have the same problem. Rod seems to have figured out how to do it . Hey, Rod, you wanna help us youngsters with this dangnabit new fangled technology?

When YouTube changed their setup I almost started to cry when I realized my days of irrelevant YouTube posting could be over and I might have to move on with my life----------------------but Thank God I figured it out. Underneath the YouTube listing you want to pass on is a little box marked "Share". Clink on it then copy and paste it to your BC post and bingo ----you are in the pester UpState business again. Life is good.

P

pickup

When YouTube changed their setup I almost started to cry when I realized my days of irrelevant YouTube posting could be over and I might have to move on with my life----------------------but Thank God I figured it out. Underneath the YouTube listing you want to pass on is a little box marked "Share". Clink on it then copy and paste it to your BC post and bingo ----you are in the pester UpState business again. Life is good.

Thanks Rod. It is always wonderful when a experienced veteran can take the time to help out an less experienced person.

Pkgrunner

Till I Collapse
What ever happened to the OTJ training they used to use?......"Your going driving tomorrow so you will need to go get your DOT physical, a mapbook and fill out this Clarksville test before you report to your new center in the morning...I hope you can drive a stick...Good Luck!":happy-very:

P

pickup

[video=youtube;IALJXP8LaS4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IALJXP8LaS4[/video]

I love this video, especially the sequence from 3:22 to 3:30, especially that "smack" at 3:29. And People say animals have no souls.

slantnosechevy

What ever happened to the OTJ training they used to use?......"Your going driving tomorrow so you will need to go get your DOT physical, a mapbook and fill out this Clarksville test before you report to your new center in the morning...I hope you can drive a stick...Good Luck!":happy-very:

Or the training ride in a P600 with 6 other guys standing in the back hanging on the shelves with the bulkhead open. Then having him show you how to fold up a delivery notice to keep the bulkhead from locking. The film (no video) of the whistling driver in the pkg.car with about 30 boxes in it is still may favorite. I was told that guy died of a massive heart attack.

Pkgrunner

Till I Collapse
Or the training ride in a P600 with 6 other guys standing in the back hanging on the shelves with the bulkhead open. Then having him show you how to fold up a delivery notice to keep the bulkhead from locking. The film (no video) of the whistling driver in the pkg.car with about 30 boxes in it is still may favorite. I was told that guy died of a massive heart attack.

Ahhhh....the good ol' days. When your on-road supervisor could actually use the words "When I was a driver...":peaceful:

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I think the safety, 10-5 I can easily knock out before I even get there, i should have no problem with DIAD ( was a driver helper for 4 years)... my driving and shifting(grinded gears a few times) is So SO, My backing up is my weakest.
What about 32 pretrip material should i know this?

Yes comprehensive DOT and non-DOT pretrip.

let's see if I remember, been a while

Entering vehicle: check door open/locked position, closes and opens.

inspect interior lights front and back (if appliciable),
verify bulkhead opens/closes and locks properly.
view hazmat pouch.
look for up to date/ year safety response book and registration.
fire ext and flares
sit in seat, look at DVIR. review yesterday and sign off
fasten seatbelt. key in ignition. test seatbelt unfasten- refasten
test seat slide, horn, wipers, lights, highbeams, defrost.
turn on vehicle. test ebrake and brakes pulling forward. turn on rear camera, test reverse and reverse lights.
step outside vehicle holding hand rail, key in pinky, lights on

Outside driver side:
inspect side mirrors.
inspect drver side door open/close/ hold.
test steering wheel play
z-scan , look for DOT decal, vehicle #, reflectors.
inspect tires for tread, sidewall, hubs and valve stem.
look under vehicle for anything hanging :sick:

Outside: Front of vehicle -
clearance lights,
vehicle #,
inspection sticker,
plates, reg,
windshield OK,
underneath vehicle

Outside passenger side :

Same as driver side.

Outside Rear of vehicle:
clearance lights working
reflective decals
plates/reg
vehicle /DOT #
Test rear door open/close and locking
test door suspension wire? with key (not finger) :biting:

Not sure what I missed, but those are some of the ideas anyhow.
DOT pretrip knowledge will be important to getting by.

Last edited:

rod

Retired 22 years
Yes comprehensive DOT and non-DOT pretrip.

let's see if I remember, been a while

Entering vehicle: check door open/locked position, closes and opens.

inspect interior lights front and back (if appliciable),
verify bulkhead opens/closes and locks properly.
view hazmat pouch.
look for up to date/ year safety response book and registration.
fire ext and flares
sit in seat, look at DVIR. review yesterday and sign off
fasten seatbelt. key in ignition. test seatbelt unfasten- refasten
test seat slide, horn, wipers, lights, highbeams, defrost.
turn on vehicle. test ebrake and brakes pulling forward. turn on rear camera, test reverse and reverse lights.
step outside vehicle holding hand rail, key in pinky, lights on

Outside driver side:
inspect side mirrors.
inspect drver side door open/close/ hold.
test steering wheel play
z-scan , look for DOT decal, vehicle #, reflectors.
inspect tires for tread, sidewall, hubs and valve stem.
look under vehicle for anything hanging :sick:

Outside: Front of vehicle -
clearance lights,
vehicle #,
inspection sticker,
plates, reg,
windshield OK,
underneath vehicle

Outside passenger side :

Same as driver side.

Outside Rear of vehicle:
clearance lights working
reflective decals
plates/reg
vehicle /DOT #
Test rear door open/close and locking
test door suspension wire? with key (not finger) :biting:

just ignore the sups and center manager yelling at you to "get the H--- out of the building" while you check all this.:happy2:

so far i gotta do the road test, pre online course, integrade, qualify, saturday airs... woo hoo.. its going to be a long 8 weeks? haha

Pkgrunner

Till I Collapse

FUEL is a four letter word:wink2:

I was trained to check the fuel level by using a rolled up delivery sheet...you can't always trust the fuel gauge.....haven't a clue as to how they train you to check the fuel now.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
FUEL is a four letter word:wink2:

I was trained to check the fuel level by using a rolled up delivery sheet...you can't always trust the fuel gauge.....haven't a clue as to how they train you to check the fuel now.

Ahh I missed some.

Inside vehicle; Check guages - electrical, gas, etc.

When pretripping passenger side of vehicle outside - check the fuel cap and make sure it secures tight.

And finally rear of vehicle - check for working license plate light.

Mick32

Your shifting won't be an issue. For your actual on-road training, you'll drive an automatic. For the course, you can simply keep it in 1st the whole time unless backing.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Your shifting won't be an issue. For your actual on-road training, you'll drive an automatic. For the course, you can simply keep it in 1st the whole time unless backing.

Hope you are joking. The training I went through they used a P600 from the 80s. Automatic?! lol

However, I was told many training groups had NO on-road training aside from the drills. Depends on group size.

Mick32

I'm not kidding. The road test are completely automatic. The course you have to run is so small that there is no reason to shift out of first. It's more about the DIAD. If you get to the point where you're sent to Integrad, the driving shouldn't really be a problem anyway. If you can't handle the vehicle, you shouldn't have been sent.

loco35

UPS Integrade is a Wast of time , i went to the Franklinpark Hub to do integrade , and they dont teach u anything . Everybody is just running around crazy . U ask a question about the diad and they get mad . They have facilitators who ask u the 5 seeing and if u miss one letter they fail u . Give me a break the whole process is to learn and become a good DSP driver . Not Fail u . Every body should pass and if u fail with in your 30days of hire than u shouldnt be driving . They have an obstical cource that really dosnt teach u anything. All they teach u is how to Run around in a cirlce with ur head down . Because no one is learning anything . Tim is in charge of the facility and he does a wonderful job helping u but all the other facilitators they are no good . A few name are LEE and Dennis , they dont help for anything . U ask them a question and they dont have any patients .