Going to quit in the coming months, I've got a few questions...

Sid

Hey fellow UPSers,

I'm Sid and I will be quitting my job as a helper in the next couple of months (not sure exactly when) due to my side business starting to work.

My exit plan is to leave when I make double in my business what I was making at UPS as a helper in Canada.

But I have a few questions:

- Although I have been working here for 8 years, I never really took advantage of any of the medical benefits (I know, pretty dumb on my part)... I feel in good health and never got injured so never really went to the doctor or the dentist during my time at UPS. So I figured this would be the perfect time to take care of all that stuff... since I'm paying for it, may as well use it!

What exactly is offered by UPS health-wise? I know Manulife covers parts of dentistry and medical expenses, but what if I just want to go for a check-up, do they cover that?

Also, I hear that we get 2 or 3 hours of massage per year? Is that true? Every time I ask a coworker they tell me something different... And also, does Manulife cover the "extra"?? (just kidding lol)

Is there any other benefits that I should know about?

- So i'll give my 2 weeks notice and all, but how do I get all my pension information? I mean, I may never get another job in my life so it won't get "transferred" to my next employment... How does that work?

I guess my situation is more similar to someone retiring than quitting since I have no plans on getting a job anytime soon... Does that mean I'll receive that money only when I'm 60 0r 65 or is there a way for me to cash that money in and invest it somewhere else? Can I take that money out?

- Couldn't find it, but is there a post on here describing what steps to take when quitting so that I don't forget anything? I worked my ass off for UPS (not complaining, kinda liked it) and would like to reap any reward that I can!

Thx in advance! Best of luck to you all!

Hey fellow UPSers,

I'm Sid and I will be quitting my job as a helper in the next couple of months (not sure exactly when) due to my side business starting to work.

My exit plan is to leave when I make double in my business what I was making at UPS as a helper in Canada.

- Although I have been working here for 8 years, I never really took advantage of any of the medical benefits (I know, pretty dumb on my part)... I feel in good health and never got injured so never really went to the doctor or the dentist during my time at UPS. So I figured this would be the perfect time to take care of all that stuff... since I'm paying for it, may as well use it!

What exactly is offered by UPS health-wise? I know Manulife covers parts of dentistry and medical expenses, but what if I just want to go for a check-up, do they cover that?

Also, I hear that we get 2 or 3 hours of massage per year? Is that true? Every time I ask a coworker they tell me something different... And also, does Manulife cover the "extra"?? (just kidding lol)

- So i'll give my 2 weeks notice and all, but how do I get all my pension information? I mean, I may never get another job in my life so it won't get "transferred" to my next employment... How does that work?

I guess my situation is more similar to someone retiring than quitting since I have no plans on getting a job anytime soon... Does that mean I'll receive that money only when I'm 60 0r 65 or is there a way for me to cash that money in and invest it somewhere else? Can I take that money out?

- Couldn't find it, but is there a post on here describing what steps to take when quitting so that I don't forget anything? I worked my ass off for UPS (not complaining, kinda liked it) and would like to reap any reward that I can!

Most of us aren't in Canada so you probably won't get a real answer here.

Maybe attend a union meeting and find out?

And I'd Did is your real username please change it

Box Ox

Wait...are you like a driver helper or does "helper" mean something else in Canadian English? Because your post would come off as hilarious to me if you were an 8 year driver helper in the US wondering about medical and retirement benefits.

El Correcto

god is dead
Hey fellow UPSers,

Wtf dude you haven’t been to the dentist in 8 years? You probably have gingivitis...

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Hey fellow UPSers,

got just the guy @rickyb

@rickyb

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Hey fellow UPSers,

Here’s where we miss @klein

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Hey fellow UPSers,

Did you vote for Hoffa