Going Wireless

Turdferguson

Just a turd
I rehabs been reprehended and refuse to use my phone pot work purposes now. Call Siam’s so for a meet point. Nope. Call soand so to take stops. Nope. So and so is trying to call you. Nope. You don’t want us using our phones , than I shure as hell ain’t using mine to fix your friend ups.
giphy (25).gif

Indecisi0n

I dumped Verizon and went to Cricket today and that made me go looking at headsets today. I was paying $258 a month for four smart phones, two had payments left. I paid those off and one of my sons came off my plan. Cricket runs off AT&T's network and my downloads are faster. $90 for three phones, insurance is $6 extra compared to Verizon's $13 per phone. Added DirectTV streaming and cut out Xfinity Cable TV using a Roku for $30 a month. So now I'm saving $250 a month off phone and tv bills. I changed my car insurance also and saved a good $120 a month there.
Cricket? Are you poor mate ?!

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
I have been looking at the LG Active Tones because they are sweat/water resistant. I read reviews a lot and some people love Tones and some people have reliability problems with them.

I have gone through about 3 sets of tones and 1 active. DO NOT pull on the ear piece. Use the cord. They last about 4 months then stop working so you have to turn it over to use the other side if you just use 1 ear. Had the mic go out of 1 of the tones. Going to try the Air Buds when the tone active dies (have already flipped it to use other ear piece.)

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Cricket? Are you poor mate ?!

Not poor at all just fed up with Verizon. They simply aren’t as good as they used to be, I started having coverage problems on my delivery area and I’m lucky to get one bar where I eat lunch with my iPhone. Consumer Reports rates Cricket fifth out of twenty services, Verizon is twenty and rated dead last. I get faster downloads and the same/sometimes better coverage at half the price. Cricket and DirectTV are owned by AT&T. It’s smarter to buy unlocked phones and quit two year contracts these days.

Last edited:

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
I dumped Verizon and went to Cricket today and that made me go looking at headsets today. I was paying $258 a month for four smart phones, two had payments left. I paid those off and one of my sons came off my plan. Cricket runs off AT&T's network and my downloads are faster. $90 for three phones, insurance is $6 extra compared to Verizon's $13 per phone. Added DirectTV streaming and cut out Xfinity Cable TV using a Roku for $30 a month. So now I'm saving $250 a month off phone and tv bills. I changed my car insurance also and saved a good $120 a month there.
Next steps.....lease an Altima and move into a condo!

Not poor at all just fed up with Verizon. They simply aren’t as good as they used to be, I started having coverage problems on my delivery area and I’m lucky to get one bar where I eat lunch with my iPhone. Consumer Reports rates Cricket fifth out of twenty services, Verizon is twenty and rated dead last. I get faster downloads and the same/sometimes better coverage at half the price. Cricket and DirectTV are owned by AT&T. It’s smarter to buy unlocked phones and quit two year contracts these days.
I’m going back to Sprint. The only network that has service at my house.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Welcome to the Cricket brotherhood! Btw Kroger sells cricket reload cards that you can get fuel points for buying, plus any credit card rewards (Blue Cash Preferred from Amex 6% back)

Also from time to time, Target and Best Buy run sales for 10% off the cards, effectively gives you 10% off your bill (plus another 5% if you have a Target redcard, I have the debit card version)

One other note, register your phone for WiFi calling, it’s very useful if you do any international travel.