Going Wireless

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
I didn’t read all of the replies so I apologize if this has been said a few times already.
Bought some Apple Airpods in January after getting tired of fighting a cord all day. Best purchase I’ve made in a long time! Each have a mic and they get charged when in the case, so you always have one ready to go. And for some reason they just seem to fit in the ear so perfect I have had no issues with them falling out.

Just always put them away when not using them! Easy to misplace.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
50CB4416-0B32-4427-849E-121775D93370.gif
I rehabs been reprehended and refuse to use my phone pot work purposes now. Call Siam’s so for a meet point. Nope. Call soand so to take stops. Nope. So and so is trying to call you. Nope. You don’t want us using our phones , than I shure as hell ain’t using mine to fix your friend ups.

Indecisi0n

Not poor at all just fed up with Verizon. They simply aren’t as good as they used to be, I started having coverage problems on my delivery area and I’m lucky to get one bar where I eat lunch with my iPhone. Consumer Reports rates Cricket fifth out of twenty services, Verizon is twenty and rated dead last. I get faster downloads and the same/sometimes better coverage at half the price. Cricket and DirectTV are owned by AT&T. It’s smarter to buy unlocked phones and quit two year contracts these days.
Verizon is the largest carrier in the US which makes them number one is most areas. There will always be areas that may be dead spots but they ha e the best coverage hands down poor boy.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
My favorite was the Jawbone Era, but they don't make it anymore and the re-manufactured ones still available aren't as good as the originals, which usually only lasted a little more than a year.
images

Now I'm using a Jabra Steel, which is a bit bigger than the Era, but has better battery life and is water and dust resistant, with a 5 year warrantee.
It has been a capable replacement.
upload_2018-7-22_15-13-8.jpeg

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
My favorite was the Jawbone Era, but they don't make it anymore and the re-manufactured ones still available aren't as good as the originals, which usually only lasted a little more than a year.
images

Now I'm using a Jabra Steel, which is a bit bigger than the Era, but has better battery life and is water and dust resistant, with a 5 year warrantee.
It has been a capable replacement.
View attachment 203378

NICE Bubblehead. Hows the battery life? When you have to call the center can they hear you fine and in the wind?

Comfortable in the ear and not to heavy?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
NICE Bubblehead. Hows the battery life? When you have to call the center can they hear you fine and in the wind?

Comfortable in the ear and not to heavy?
I never "have to call the Center"?....but when asked to, I usually tell them that I can't as I'm on the other line.:wink2:

The Jabra Steel is lightweigh and pretty comfortable, but not as comfortable as the Era was, with it's unique ear gel.

As far as sound goes, I can hear great and have not had any complaints, aside from wind noise, which is problematic with any Bluetooth earpiece I have ever owned.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Old language:

b. Head sets and earphones shall not be allowed.
Yeah, Article 18 Section 8....titled Radios, not Section 8.1....titled Distracted Drivers, where "handheld" devices is addressed.
New language:

"If permitted by state and/or federal law, headsets, Bluetooth ear pieces, and earphones that are used in moving vehicles shall only cover one ear."
Which is consistent with UPS's company policy:

• Recognizing it's possible to use wireless devices in hands-free mode such as a wireless headset or Bluetooth device (where permitted by local regulations), UPS encourages its drivers to avoid all in-vehicle distractions and to move the vehicle out of the public right of way, and be completely stopped in the event they must use a device.
I thought everything in the proposed Master.... was a concession ?
Not everything, but this language hardly qualifies as a major gain for the membership.

~Bbbl~™

Total package

We can rebuild him
I've used several different models of the LG tones type. Some were LG , some were bobo brands. After a few months one earbud always quits working, then evenually the other. Delivery is hard on those things, friends I work with have same issue. My wife had tones that lasted 4 years so I'm pretty sure it's the job

Total package

We can rebuild him
I think I'm gonna try something wireless like the airpods or something similar without the wires, it's always the wires that short out from getting strecthed or pulled on I think

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Cricket does download faster than Verizon and I Have two bars instead of a half now where I eat lunch. It will be faster and cheaper to delete dumb comments now.