Going Wireless

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
It’s nice to remind my management team from time to time that I can walk out the door for the last time whenever I feel like it. I still run less than an hour overallowed which is a lot better than most of my Center. When I hit that 30 fully vested mark about four years ago my attitude about work changed. That goal was met and I don’t really need the job. I like to make money and sitting around the house doing nothing gets old quick. When I find something I would rather do I will leave. I’m getting close to that point.

Johney

It’s nice to remind my management team from time to time that I can walk out the door for the last time whenever I feel like it. I still run less than an hour overallowed which is a lot better than most of my Center. When I hit that 30 fully vested mark about four years ago my attitude about work changed. That goal was met and I don’t really need the job. I like to make money and sitting around the house doing nothing gets old quick. When I find something I would rather do I will leave. I’m getting close to that point.
Sad to say,but your management team could really care less that you can walk out the door at any time as a matter of fact I'd bet they'd forget your name before you were in your car leaving forever. Not the same as 20 years ago when people retired.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Sad to say,but your management team could really care less that you can walk out the door at any time as a matter of fact I'd bet they'd forget your name before you were in your car leaving forever. Not the same as 20 years ago when people retired.
That goes both ways, but then again, I don’t give a rip about them even when I’m here.

old levi's

blank space

Do volunteer work at state parks, camp, hike...

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I've been using various models of LG Tones for about 5 years (all made by LG). They're all great. I am hard on them and wear them from first thing in the morning until late at night. I wear them all day everyday driving the brown truck, at the gym after work, on my motorcycle, etc. The rechargeable battery lasts all day long and the sound quality is good. I just throw it on the charger at night. It doesn't get caught on anything and no wires hanging down past your neck.

The controls allow you to quickly pause and resume whatever you're listening to, advance forward or go back with the touch of a button, adjust volume on the fly and place, accept or end calls with the tap of a button. I listen to audiobooks, streaming music, chat on the phone, etc and it lasts all day long on a single charge. Because I'm so rough on them they usually last me about 6 months before one of the earbuds will stop working. They've gotten so cheap now that you can get them for around $38 on Amazon. I'm more than happy to buy 2 a year for that price.

clean hairy

I rehabs been reprehended and refuse to use my phone pot work purposes now. Call Siam’s so for a meet point. Nope. Call soand so to take stops. Nope. So and so is trying to call you. Nope. You don’t want us using our phones , than I shure as hell ain’t using mine to fix your friend ups.
Good example of drinking too much and then posting on bc....

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I ordered a LG Tone Active to give it a try, I need something sweat/waterproof. Thanks for all the suggestions.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Do volunteer work at state parks, camp, hike...

@scratch , take 6 months and walk the AT

I already do volunteer work at a state park that is just three miles from my house. I could get a job there easily but DNR jobs pay horribly plus you have to work weekends. I make more than twice what the manager does.

I have backpacked parts of the Appalachian Trail, I know the Southern end well. The first part at Springer Mountain isn't easy. I never really wanted to do a through hike though.

old levi's

blank space
I already do volunteer work at a state park that is just three miles from my house. I could get a job there easily but DNR jobs pay horribly plus you have to work weekends. I make more than twice what the manager does.

I have backpacked parts of the Appalachian Trail, I know the Southern end well. The first part at Springer Mountain isn't easy. I never really wanted to do a through hike though.

What's the longest you've been on the trail during one trip?

old levi's

blank space

Just to be clear, are you looking for retirement activities, or another job?

rod

Retired 22 years

You should also add that the Union tries to forget about you also once you are no longer paying dues. Basically once you walk out the door you enter a different world------------------and its great.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
What's the longest you've been on the trail during one trip?

23 miles in one day, almost killed me. As a BSA leader, we were doing good to get 7-10 miles a day.

I have volunteered for a dozen or so organizations over the years, I have no problem finding something to keep busy.

dogs.bite.me

I have been looking at the LG Active Tones because they are sweat/water resistant. I read reviews a lot and some people love Tones and some people have reliability problems with them.
I had these and the retractable wires shorted out after about 9 months.
I use a JBL charge 3 speaker now. Plenty loud to even hear while driving 65