Good bye to the Friday after Thanksgiving

beentheredonethat

The one thing to remember is the DOT hours of service are you friend. When 60 hits you are done regardless of UPS' ideas may be.

That's why UPS is doing the day after Thanksgiving. DOT hours won't be impacted by working that day. Similarly, working Sunday before Christmas won't impact DOT hours either. (potentially if Christmas is on a Friday or Saturday).

That's why UPS is doing the day after Thanksgiving. DOT hours won't be impacted by working that day. Similarly, working Sunday before Christmas won't impact DOT hours either. (potentially if Christmas is on a Friday or Saturday).

I was talking about how the DOT rules will be in effect every week. They can plan all they want but when you hit 60 you've hit 60.

But for the sake of debate, if you start working all these days without the proper reset time you'll be on a rolling 60 which is a whole nother can of worms.

dogs.bite.me

Honestly...Anyone who believes the mindless drivel that you post needs their head examined.
The day after Thanksgiving remains a holiday and is paid the same as it always has.

Upsers website says friday after Thanksgiving will be a full day with regular pickups

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

bumped

We just had the PCM this morning every one working the day after. from now on... still a holiday will get paid holiday pay plus the days work.. plus over time. be prepared to work. Management doesn't care about you or your family, or health for that matter you are only a Number.

Lower management has nothing to do with this. They don't like this idea either. This comes from the top dogs that almost everyone of us will never see.

On a side note. Management does for the most part care about us. They are doing as they are told in how many routes they can run just like we pretty much do as we are told.

FEDUPZE

This is ridiculous!!! This company has given this day off for over 100 years!!! Then in May a little less than five months from the holiday in question the company says "hey we are canceling Thanksgiving". Thats all well and good but what about those that make out of state plans to be with family knowing that it was set in stone we would have those days off. Some have plane tickets out of state plans. SHAME ON YOU!!!