Good DR, Bad DR

Packmule

I still believe that having a pkg for a resi address does not constitute mine or the company's right to do a home invasion. Without specific homeowner approval otherwise, front porch is only legal place to leave a package. If it disappears it should be homeowner's problem. We are a delivery company not a bunch of cops with a search warrant! Stay the $@&/ out of their garage, shed, backyard, car, etc!

JackStraw

Have never heard of a driver paying for a Bad DR. Who here hasn't DR'd a closet delivery or a 10 piece catalog delivery? According to their "rules" no more than 4 parcels can be DR'd at a location. First time they gig someone, 20+ SA's a day.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I can't see any driver paying for anything unless it was something really stupid (a TV for example or something coded non-DR)?

Anything that shouldn't be released will be barcoded as such, (code 42 as example). This prevents the driver from releasing. How would any driver know what is in any parcel and what its value is?

upschuck

I still believe that having a pkg for a resi address does not constitute mine or the company's right to do a home invasion. Without specific homeowner approval otherwise, front porch is only legal place to leave a package. If it disappears it should be homeowner's problem. We are a delivery company not a bunch of cops with a search warrant! Stay the $@&/ out of their garage, shed, backyard, car, etc!
Overreact much? Home invasion? really. By them ordering the package, they are giving the delivery company approval to enter onto their property to safely deliver their package.

Packmule

Overreact much? Home invasion? really. By them ordering the package, they are giving the delivery company approval to enter onto their property to safely deliver their package.
I know a FedEx driver who was accused of stealing a power tool out of a garage. FedEx stood behind him and paid homeowner for the tool even while believing it was a scam. His placing pkg in garage legally liable them.
What do you think old Brown would do for us?

upschuck

I know a FedEx driver who was accused of stealing a power tool out of a garage. FedEx stood behind him and paid homeowner for the tool even while believing it was a scam. His placing pkg in garage legally liable them.
What do you think old Brown would do for us?

The garage is a valid delivery location for UPS(It is in every DIAD I've seen, and sups say that it is a secure DR spot). I would of liked to see that go to court. It would have been tossed out for lack of evidence. Just because I am at a place that something was stolen, doesn't mean I stole it. It is private property, but they gave me permission to come on it by pushing the "Place Order" button.

If you want to leave every package on the front porch that is up to you. When I had a high percentage of them, LP did a few audits on me, and only found one as not acceptable. Do as you see fit.

oldngray

nowhere special
What do you think old Brown would do to us?

fixed it for you

Packmule

Not likely. And theft is only one problem. Newer houses proved no walk path to backyard. Get injured off a designated walkathon and see what happens. Let a hyper dog geout the back gate, or get accused of being a peeping tom and watch how fast UPS throws you under a bus to save themselves. If I know the people or past practice applies, fine. If not, ask when you can or put it on the porch.
If drivers would unite behind this thinking the company and the union would work on it.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Not likely. And theft is only one problem. Newer houses proved no walk path to backyard. Get injured off a designated walkathon and see what happens. Let a hyper dog geout the back gate, or get accused of being a peeping tom and watch how fast UPS throws you under a bus to save themselves. If I know the people or past practice applies, fine. If not, ask when you can or put it on the porch.
If drivers would unite behind this thinking the company and the union would work on it.
I've been known to open people's doors and leave packages on kitchen table. I have one stop that has a note to leave in front door. I set the package on the living room floor. One of the driver release locations in my DIAD is "IN HOUSE".

Griff

Paying for a claim on a DR? Hahah, what a sucker. That's almost as funny as when they tried to get some dumb rookie to pay $3,500 for a broken DIAD 3.

A fool and his money are soon parted.

A quote that certainly rings true for a lot of UPS drivers.

The day i'm even so much as threatened with having to pay for a stolen DR, will also be the day I require a signature for all house stops. Just like it was years ago for me before they invented this DR nonsense to justify more stops per car.

Packmule

I agree with the DR policy, and feel in rural locations, with seasonal businesses, it needs to be expanded. Just that they need to take full responsibility for stolen and wet packages themselves. If you were going to get a signature at a residential, you would be knocking on the front door, (or most likely used door). DR shouldn't be any different.

I've been known to open people's doors and leave packages on kitchen table. I have one stop that has a note to leave in front door. I set the package on the living room floor. One of the driver release locations in my DIAD is "IN HOUSE".
The dr locations in my last center were plenty "inside front door" "inside back door" now they are limited and have use other then type in my own location and scan del notice. Although we have "wood pile" which comes in real handy.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Stop over thinking, drop the box and go.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I agree with the DR policy, and feel in rural locations, with seasonal businesses, it needs to be expanded. Just that they need to take full responsibility for stolen and wet packages themselves. If you were going to get a signature at a residential, you would be knocking on the front door, (or most likely used door). DR shouldn't be any different.
I have a rural area. I have signed info notices for almost all of my mom and pop businesses. Drop the box and go.