Good thing we are prepared

MattM

Prepared? They're calling me at dinner time to come in in 35 minutes on a Sunday! They must've called 45 others before me. Unless they all said yes and they need more. But I'm guessing most didn't answer or said no, for what may or may not be a sixth punch for the week.

They act like these extra planes come as a true surprise. There still isn't an official doubles list posted. So they are really winging it this year.

Have a list. Be prepared and I'll more than likely say yes. Being called on the fly sounds like I'm a driver helper.

This will be a fun three weeks. Slow and steady guys. I'm hopeful to sleep in a bit this peak and work within my means

Poop Head

Judge me.
Prepared? They're calling me at dinner time to come in in 35 minutes on a Sunday! They must've called 45 others before me. Unless they all said yes and they need more. But I'm guessing most didn't answer or said no, for what may or may not be a sixth punch for the week.

They act like these extra planes come as a true surprise. There still isn't an official doubles list posted. So they are really winging it this year.

Have a list. Be prepared and I'll more than likely say yes. Being called on the fly sounds like I'm a driver helper.

This will be a fun three weeks. Slow and steady guys. I'm hopeful to sleep in a bit this peak and work within my means
Do you ramp guys at least get ot for coming in earlier than scheduled?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Same pace all day everyday. Who cares how bad we fail or how much volume we roll. Come January 15th I'll either be off by 18:00 or making a crap ton of triple time.
Work 13 hours, go home. Maybe it gets done, maybe not. Cramming more stops just slows things down.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Work 13 hours, go home. Maybe it gets done, maybe not. Cramming more stops just slows things down.
YUP! Cram packed car equals less stops per hour. I love sending the message saying I'll have missed stops if they don't send help. The the driver who ran his ass off all day asks me what I've been ding all day because he's already done 280 stops LOL. Thanks for the effort kid, here's 50 more to run off.

MattM

Do you ramp guys at least get ot for coming in earlier than scheduled?
Working a non scheduled day Should be a sixth or 7th punch. But working earlier in a day we're supposed to work, no. OT after five is all we got really.

I could see them screwing us though. We had guys working all week with actual punch ins. I've had a few personal days mixed with the holiday pays. So I'd probably have to fight for the three hours OT I should have been given. Quite a headache for $24 bucks. Today would've been my 3rd or 4th technical punch. Gateway/ramp, OT is a Unicorn. You drivers can gobble it up with relative ease.

There's some funky 5 consecutive days worked language.
---------
........... providing the employee has either worked or received paid for time for the previous five (5) consecutive days prior to the sixth (6th) day.
---------
In the past we had to fight for the holidays to count. Considering we have to have one paid day the week of holidays to receive the holiday pay. It's all cyclical garbage.

Last edited:

UPSjedi41

for free or while being paid?
E91BB45B-0988-47F1-B33B-CD1FAE5815C9.jpeg

The Driver

I drive.
helper.jpeg

Pulled from the Wall Street Journal this morning about our short holiday season.

What a great look for the company. Who needs to wear their pants around their waists?