Good thing we are prepared

Justaloader

We started at 5 pm yesterday (I'm a twilight out-bound loader).....at midnight, the building manager sent us home, and there was still easily an hour's worth of work for the sups to do. She also was begging people to come in today (starting at noon) for day sort in the hopes that if enough people come in, the evening shift won't be as blown out as it was yesterday. It's her first peak season in this building, and of course yesterday was Monday (which is always crazy in our hub, even during off-peak times).....and people's tempers were short. It was like the perfect storm yesterday...can't wait to see what today brings!

Zowert

If i picked him up at a helper meet point, I'd keep going by !!!!
No chance I'd have customers look at that :censored2:bag.
You know damn well that driver got questioned for his appearance today !!

Kid: “Sup homie, I’m your helper today!”

Driver: “Nope.” *drives away*

Good god, pull your damn pants up.

MattM

Easiest Tuesday ever. Two jets, instead of three. More peak hires usually means less overall burden for individuals. Maybe everything is bypassing the ramp sort and going straight to other buildings?

Delivery guys though. Yeah. They’re screwed. I saw a big p1000 pulling a brown trailer. That’s never a good sign.

word is, we may have some 53 ft trailers coming soon from Kentucky. Those tend to really slow us down. We’re equipped to unload ulds, not frickin semis. So we shall see. I even got to sleep in a bit. Less hours for us but you take what you can get.

the fun week is after Christmas, when all the new guys are cut loose and we get surprised with extra volume. And we have guys on vacation. So for now it’s mostly normal

Justaloader

The morning sort in my hub that usually starts at 4 am started at 12:30 am this morning (I left at midnight and didn't see the day sort crew).

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
everyone’s dispatched 16 hours today :lol:
They took care of me. I only have 203
So is everywhere overwhelmed? I’m hearing some of the bigger hubs around this area have rolled as much as 50 trailers.
We are rolling stops. Preload had orders to jam everything in. The result is complete slowdown.
We are ok today. Though from what I'm hearing not everything made it here.

It is pretty rough here today.

As we speak, I am sitting here looking at my microwave wondering what to do. The cook cycle stopped while the food was in the back. I really don't want to reach in to get it but if I start it up again to get the plate to the front, it will burn.

Missing lots of volume, enjoying my peak day off. Any ideas on the plate in the microwave?

It is pretty rough here today.

As we speak, I am sitting here looking at my microwave wondering what to do. The cook cycle stopped while the food was in the back. I really don't want to reach in to get it but if I start it up again to get the plate to the front, it will burn.

Missing lots of volume, enjoying my peak day off. Any ideas on the plate in the microwave?
You can catch up on Saturday.

Good luck