goodbye brown cafe

Re-Raise

why dont all of you guys just go to the teamster.net forum,, the same 15 of you can have the same opinion and mindset about how horrible ups is to work for, how the incompetent and bankrupt union should run the company , everyone in management sucks,, ....................................................

I have a lot of friends in management. I started on the preload with a friend I played football with in college.

He went into sales and has been promoted many times. I have a ton of respect for him. The difference between upssalesguy and him is that he also respects what I and the other hourly employees do.

Hellfire isn't it about time for you to tell everyone how fast you run your route? I thought that was the only thing you ever posted here.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Funny how people are backtracking now and saying how Salesguy was to blame for his posts, LOL I think most people would have retorted the same as he did (defensively) unless they had miracle restraint.

"Oh, Mr. UPS SalesGuy, how nice, you sit behind a desk all day and stare blankly at a screen all day. I turned in three leads and none went anywhere. Good job losing that account with **** last week. Drivers do all of the service and take care of the customers on the ground, while you don't even earn your paycheck. "

And so on....

UPSSalesGuy, Later dude.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Alright guys, enough with the name calling. I just had to delete four posts. Try to enjoy the rest of the holiday some other way.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
It was the "idiot" references. Deleting insults, no matter how funny, are what us "idiot" moderators do.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Who was the idiot, I mean, missing moderator? Oh, and let me be the first to start the new topic, within a topic, within a topic......Who will moderate, the moderator's???

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
It is the mark of intellectual honesty to force yourself to occasionally entertain opposing points of view.

That is why it is so unfortunate when the people who supply those differing points of view choose to leave a forum. If the only people who participate in a forum are people who agree with you, what you wind up with is little more than an intellectually empty echo chamber.

I seldom agreed with what Salesguy had to say, and I found many of his posts to be rather arrogant and condescending towards the "grunts" like me who do the dirty work providing the services that he is paid to sell. However, he is a UPS'er, and he is just as much a part of the Big Brown Machine as any of the rest of us, and he did have something unique to contribute to this forum. Its unfortunate that, like TieGuy, he felt compelled for whatever reason to leave the forum. Personal feelings aside, I hope both of them choose to return someday.

Ok, I was wrong, you cannot delete your own accounts. It will be deleted within a week.
Once again, this is not a bash upssalesguy thread. For whatever reason he is leaving, he is gone, find someone still here to pick on please.
. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm....pick on someone else......hmmmmmmmm........I nominate upstate,cause he's easy!

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
It is the mark of intellectual honesty to force yourself to occasionally entertain opposing points of view.

That is why it is so unfortunate when the people who supply those differing points of view choose to leave a forum. If the only people who participate in a forum are people who agree with you, what you wind up with is little more than an intellectually empty echo chamber.

I seldom agreed with what Salesguy had to say, and I found many of his posts to be rather arrogant and condescending towards the "grunts" like me who do the dirty work providing the services that he is paid to sell. However, he is a UPS'er, and he is just as much a part of the Big Brown Machine as any of the rest of us, and he did have something unique to contribute to this forum. Its unfortunate that, like TieGuy, he felt compelled for whatever reason to leave the forum. Personal feelings aside, I hope both of them choose to return someday.

A conscience can be a terrible thing for guys like Tieguy and upssalesguy.
I respect their decisions.