Google robot is 'the end of manual labor': VC

mrwiliker

Shoot said robots cameras with paintballs. Throw a sticky fabric over robot and take package while covered with hoodie and at night. Problem solved. Knocking off a robot will probably be considered a lesser crime too at least for a little while resulting in more incidents and attempts.

clean hairy

A Robot as a Server in a restaurant, how will it handle the usual complaints
"My soup is cold, the steak is rare and I wanted medium well, you brought me unsweet tea, and I wanted hot tea, take it back!"
How will the Robot respond?
Pour a pitcher of water on the Customers head, or dump his salad in his lap?

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
So instead of just hiring people to do general manual jobs, they'll instead have to hire robotic maintenance technicians with advanced training (or contract it out to Google for probably even more money) and keep an inventory of expensive proprietary parts. Sounds brilliant.

HardknocksUPSer

So instead of just hiring people to do general manual jobs, they'll instead have to hire robotic maintenance technicians with advanced training (or contract it out to Google for probably even more money) and keep an inventory of expensive proprietary parts. Sounds brilliant.
We live in the age of :censored2: people no doubt about it brother.

Purplepackage

End manual labor, and while your at it end any activity that involves moving your body. That way we can have a nation of people 300 pounds or more and we all just move around in wheelchairs

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
A Robot as a Server in a restaurant, how will it handle the usual complaints
"My soup is cold, the steak is rare and I wanted medium well, you brought me unsweet tea, and I wanted hot tea, take it back!"
How will the Robot respond?
Pour a pitcher of water on the Customers head, or dump his salad in his lap?

nizlpvX.gif

rotorooter7

Check out "The Venus Project" Jacques Fresco, he's been telling us that this is going to happen since 1963, he was called A pinko communist, I think he has the only real solution to the problem, maybe it's time to listen.

El Correcto

god is dead
End of manual labor? It took them 10 years to get robots to pick themselves up after falling down?
We are probably talking about stuff that is at least a century away.

browntroll

said part is that thing already picks up packages better then most new hires in my hub. doubt they will ever be used at UPS
loads are always a mess these things would get buried under a wall so easily, should be fun watching it break a jam.

clean hairy

Suppose the day comes when these things are loading at UPS.
How will it react when a Sup mentions it had 6 misloads the day before, and the pph are low, and it better speed up?
It might just stare at the Sup and say "that does not compute!" or, "while you were babbling, I could have loaded 16.8 boxes, are you done spewing senseless human nonsense?"
Imagine the Sup's reaction when the robot mentions
"You have delayed the departure of this trailer by 8 minutes, 22 seconds and counting, by harassing me, the trailer will not make it to the next hub in time for sorting, you have just created service failures! Shall I get back to work, or do you want to pay the feeder driver to sit on his arse until the trailer is ready to go?"