Google robot is 'the end of manual labor': VC

clean hairy

Robots to do the yearly physicals?
Only problem I see is "turn your head and cough", but how does it make sure not to squeeze TOO hard?

SubPop79

Statements like "...the end of manual labor" just show how little people not doing the labor actually know about the labor involved.

Honestly, I don't see anything like this becoming a reality in a next 100 years. The cost to make a robot, to the cost of maintainence and repair...

If anything, you drivers will be the first to go in 20 years.

What is that thing doing right now? 5 PPH? How would it break jams? How would it move a diverter? Sure it can pick up and set down a box, but can it actually make a wall? How would it know if there was a hazmat spill?

Turning UPS hubs into automated assembly lines is much more realistic IMO.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
mZ2okO.gif

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
it is the evolving nature of business.
adapt or perish.
people have always moaned about progress......horseless carriage, et al.

encourage your children to explore robotics .

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
it is the evolving nature of business.
adapt or perish.
people have always moaned about progress......horseless carriage, et al.

encourage your children to explore robotics .
Actually we are getting into another level here.

Taking away All manual labor which will eventually be possible is a dangerous thing.

Nike

You guys are tripping, was this article next to the ones about lithium batteries blowing up in hoverboards? There will come a point where this stuff hits a wall. Why? Because how are we going to actually power robots to do all this work? If my phone can barely last a day at work how exactly is a robot going to do a full days work?