Got a Fedex job interview for package handler, kind of scared, is it hard?

HardWorkingGuy

I had a sort observation yesterday with one other person, and the HR sent us an email with an application immediately after we left. I filled it out and this morning got a call for a an interview next week (she did say she is always quick to look at applications lol).

She said at the sort observation the interview is only like 4 minutes and extremely simple, but I am so bad at interviews and tend to always screw them up. What kind of questions do they ask and what not?

CJinx

As long as you have a pulse and a body temperature somewhere in the 90's, you can easily secure a job as a package handler. Don't worry about bombing the interview; you aren't being hired for your intellectual prowess. They just need bodies to move freight around the warehouse.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Little doubt you got the job. They have a lot of trouble keeping handlers. Don't expect much in the way of hours or pay raises.

hypo hanna

Move the box from the belt to the aircraft container. You should T stack and avoid loading 100 lb crates on top of stuff easily crushed. A manager might check on that but not likely. His main goal is to keep that belt moving as fast as possible.

!Retired!

Little doubt you got the job. They have a lot of trouble keeping handlers. Don't expect much in the way of hours or pay raises.
We had 3 handlers quit this week. They asked me if I would offload instead of FO's. I said no....end of discussion.

As for what questions they ask at the interview. Most of the people on here haven't had an interview in years. But, I would imagine they would just go over your application. Do you use drugs, have a clean license, etc

TheKid99

Move the box from the belt to the aircraft container. You should T stack and avoid loading 100 lb crates on top of stuff easily crushed. A manager might check on that but not likely. His main goal is to keep that belt moving as fast as possible.

I think the op will be a package handler for FedEx Ground.

FedEx Express loads aircraft containers

I think ground load trailers.

CJinx

Don't expect much in the way of hours or pay raises.
Varies from station to station; some of the larger stations even have full time package handlers. The pay is usually on the low end of the market level for unskilled warehouse work, but they do get four raises in the first year (1mo, 3mo, 6mo, 1y) and then one raise a year for the subsequent three.

HardWorkingGuy

It was hardly an interview, a few questions you had to answer yes to such as can you perform the job with or without reasonable accomodation and can you be to work on time?

Then they emailed me a form for a backround check which I just filled out. Does that mean I got it? Backround checks cost money, right? I really hope I get it!

CJinx

When your background comes back clean, you either get hired immediately or get put in queue to get hired dependent on the needs of the station/hub. Turnover of package handlers is quite high so you should expect the call soon.