Got a Fedex job interview for package handler, kind of scared, is it hard?

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Did they happen to ask you the question 'how many packages would you say you've handled in your lifetime?'...They always secretly record those to play at managers meetings and have a great big ol' laugh fest.

overflowed

Did they happen to ask you the question 'how many packages would you say you've handled in your lifetime?'...They always secretly record those to play at managers meetings and have a great big ol' laugh fest.
Funny you say that. I was trippin the other day and was trying to imagine the amount of packages that I have delivered over the years. It would be a huge pile.

HardWorkingGuy

Just got the call! I got the job, I start on the 14th!

One last question, what is the uniform? She said I had to come dressed in uniform and work boots or shoes were required and no tennis shoes or sneakers.

overallowed

Fedex ground hired my nephew a few years ago. He drove for them for 6 weeks before they figured out he didn't have a drivers license and a had a felony drug arrest.

CJinx

Just got the call! I got the job, I start on the 14th!

One last question, what is the uniform? She said I had to come dressed in uniform and work boots or shoes were required and no tennis shoes or sneakers.
Uh... You got me there. Not sure what they're referring to as a uniform. You'll want something comfortable that you won't mind working your ass off in. The warehouses can get very warm in the summer and that is before you start performing physically demanding tasks. You'll also want some kind of boot or heavy duty work shoe; they love to push steel toe but it isn't required. I used workout/gym clothes and a pair of hiking boots when I was a package handler.