Got a job at FedEx Ground

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Actually, Dave, I'm pretty sure you actually can't work for Ground and UPS simultaneously. I think it all boils down to either being very discreet about it - or having local management that frankly couldn't care less where else you work just as long as you show up (which IMO is as it should be)

It's easier to get away undetected working Fedex opco/UPS vs. Fedex opco/Fedex opco. All you have to do is be quiet about it. But they'll sniff you out if you're under the FedEx Iron Umbrella.

Cincypackagehandler

Well I'm still working at FedEx ground. The first couple weeks were brutal with the hours I had to work at FedEx but I'm somewhat used to it now. I'm on vacation from UPS this week and FedEx let me have an unpaid week off to coincide with my UPS vacation so I'm happy with that. The worst part is the heat, I live in Cincinnati so the summers here are really humid when I try to sleep in my car after getting off at FedEx and I was just sleeping in the UPS parking lot until my shift starts but now I've been going inside UPS around 9:15 when the preload people are gone and I sleep in a feed off the belt by the pickoff spot and I put the fan on me. No ones had a problem with it yet.

Nolimitz

Well I'm still working at FedEx ground. The first couple weeks were brutal with the hours I had to work at FedEx but I'm somewhat used to it now. I'm on vacation from UPS this week and FedEx let me have an unpaid week off to coincide with my UPS vacation so I'm happy with that. The worst part is the heat, I live in Cincinnati so the summers here are really humid when I try to sleep in my car after getting off at FedEx and I was just sleeping in the UPS parking lot until my shift starts but now I've been going inside UPS around 9:15 when the preload people are gone and I sleep in a feed off the belt by the pickoff spot and I put the fan on me. No ones had a problem with it yet.

sounds like a wonderful life.. not!

MassWineGuy

You should seriously reconsider working both jobs because it's going to drive you insane. What is your reason for working at all? To have this kind of life?

Anthonysg0113

You gotta do what you can to make ends meet. It's up in the air what you do for both part time. But, when it's time to go fulltime at UPS, you'll make the right call.

CJinx

Working two part time handler positions, Cincy is going to be in great physical shape if and when the call for full time comes in (assuming insanity doesn't kick in).

FatherBrown

If you have a good driving record pizza delivery is a way easier and more profitable second job. It's what I did during my part time years.

Cincypackagehandler

I'll be honest fellas going in to this I was really, really dreading it and on paper it sounds like it would be kind of overwhelming with how I have to sleep in the UPS parking lot and inside of UPS at times. That being said, it's really not too bad. I do get tired at times but I pick off at UPS so not being in the hot trucks loading all day is a huge plus. I'm 25 years old so being young also is probably helpful in allowing myself to do this. I started working at UPS right out of high school and September 8th will be my 6th year there so I just keep telling myself if I can do this and be okay I know when I go full time and the days get rough I'll be tough enough to handle it. Loading the package cars at FedEx will also be helpful when I start driving them at UPS because I know how all that goes now. I have an appreciation for that so if I get a good loader when I'm driving that person will be getting spoiled by me haha.

1fedexFAILURE

I'll be honest fellas going in to this I was really, really dreading it and on paper it sounds like it would be kind of overwhelming with how I have to sleep in the UPS parking lot and inside of UPS at times. That being said, it's really not too bad. I do get tired at times but I pick off at UPS so not being in the hot trucks loading all day is a huge plus. I'm 25 years old so being young also is probably helpful in allowing myself to do this. I started working at UPS right out of high school and September 8th will be my 6th year there so I just keep telling myself if I can do this and be okay I know when I go full time and the days get rough I'll be tough enough to handle it. Loading the package cars at FedEx will also be helpful when I start driving them at UPS because I know how all that goes now. I have an appreciation for that so if I get a good loader when I'm driving that person will be getting spoiled by me haha.
No doubt you must be crazy to work a schedule like this..But kudos to being such a hard..determined worker.. Especially at your age because most people in your generation do not want to work at all!!

TeamLift

Well, good luck with that.

Hey, I applaud this guy for doing what is necessary right now for him to pay his bills instead of making the Gov do it. You won't see this guy holding up a cardboard sign asking for money, and eventually this hard work will pay off, I salute you man !