Got call from UPS for seasonal driver

Brav989

K to make it short my GF works with someone that knows a UPS hiring manager (I think, or whatever). He looked over my resume two weeks ago is aware that I am currently employed. So I get a call today..which means only a month left of holiday season. Individual leaves a message asks if I'm still interested in a driving position for the holiday season. Ok so basically short of me getting hired full time perm after the season wouldn't it just sort of be a waste mine and the company's time?

I mean, between actually interviewing for it, filling out all the paper work, orientation or whatever....and I'm sure some sort of training? How much work would I even actually get to do? Just seems so late in the game do be still looking for seasonal help. Just curious. :happy-very:

unionsteward104

CONTRACT EXPERT
Yes It Is..

You Get Everything Done And Trained Up And You Drive Maybe 3 Weeks ,, Probably 2....

But Good Old Ups.. I Started 13 Years As A Seasonal And Got Hired On 6 Months Later....

Good Ole Ups... Been Giving Them Hell Ever Since...and Loving It!!!!!

Fing Out If They Need Drivers And If They Will Keep You On Permanent. You Work Jan 1,2,3,or 4 Any Of Those And You Are Permanent, Automatically....

over9five

Staff member
If you're already employed, why would you even consider a 3 week stint at UPS?

Don't even think about the permanent part. Few and far between will see that.

over9five

Staff member
"Yes It Is..

You Get Everything Done And Trained Up And You Drive Maybe 3 Weeks ,, Probably 2.... "

Why do you capitalize every word? It makes your posts very hard to read.

IDoLessWorkThanMost

If you're already employed, why would you even consider a 3 week stint at UPS?

Don't even think about the permanent part. Few and far between will see that.

Because maybe his job is low or lower paying and it wouldn't hurt to try something new? Perhaps he's willing to give up his job regardless?

9/5Everyday

If it's like our center, it will take you 10 years to become full-time. You get paid $14.oo an hour. I wouldn't do this job for less than 22.00. Don't do it. Be happy, don't wear brown.

Harley Rider

34 yrs & done!
Without the promise of being hired on full time after Christmas there is no way I would do it unless you just want out from your current job. I have seen UPS here hire seasonal drivers and then tell them that they don't need them but they can work as a helper.

Its not worth quitting a full time job to take a chance. There are some people that have gotten lucky like unionsteward104 but they are in a minority. In years past the seasonal drivers were the first persons hired after peak when there was an opening. (If you did a good job) With the new rules of promoting part time there aren't many hires that come off the street right into a driving position anymore.