Got Helper?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
And one week later, when it really hits the fan, my sup will tell me, "forget about that sheet, keep the helper as long as you need him"!

Happens every year.
Exactly...and when the helpers aren't used to working an 8 hour day...they burn out quick and dont show up again! The young newbies don't have the stamina we do.

oldngray

nowhere special
I would always laugh at their Clarksville projected stops when using a helper. Arguing with them and using common sense never helped. What the numbers really were was taking the total center stops and dividing the extra up among drivers while raising the targets so they could claim dispatch was in range. Min/max had little to do with your route. It would vary daily based on total center stops.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
There is a learned stamina to this job...be it a full day delivering or 9 hours loading. These new kids show up for a long night shift with nothing...not even a bottle of water. They have no clue....lol. and then they wanna grub snacks and smokes off me..get the hell outta here...lol

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Last couple of years come helper time I've had to spend like 10 minutes trying to remember how to work the Diad 4. Funny how fast I forget stuff I don't use.

oldngray

nowhere special
Last couple of years come helper time I've had to spend like 10 minutes trying to remember how to work the Diad 4. Funny how fast I forget stuff I don't use.

You get used to just having your thumbs punching buttons on a DIAD without thinking. If you had to stop and think about using even the same DIAD it would take you a lot longer.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Is there someone here who worked as a seasonal driver helper for the Tumwater, WA area for the holidays? could you please tell me what is it like to work in that area? is it busy? did you work everyday? how many hours? when did your day usually start? etc...
Doesnt matter where your at, its on like Donkey Kong after black Friday and youll take your Bully Beatdown and like it son. Youll get plenty of hours and plenty of asczz whoopins sprinkled on your forehead. Welcome to hell son lol.

myUPS

now that i read some of your driver helpers experiences i feel like I should have applied to another job.
if i knew before that there were no many hours available in this seasonal position... :/
they should say that in the orientation. now it makes sense why everybody in my group got the job.

screamin chicken

At my center we have 23 drivers, 2 will be laid off day by day, one works Preload and hardly drives, the slower ones are at 80 125 stops on a metro, then you have three drivers left that have 200 plus for a month now with helpers.....SMH..... but that's cool when the real peak hits and Im to tired and start to get off at 9 every night maybe that will change the stop counts.... yea right oh well...

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
We had late air today and were held for a half hour and still had meets.

Got a message at 1430

Found you a helper, call him

I replied

I have already finished the deliveries where a helper would be effective. Thanks anyway

Got back

You will call him per center manager

I sent back

Seem to have lost my UPS phone. If you are so hard up for me to have a helper you set up the meet and I'll pick him up. Set up a meet air/ground for me while you're at it

Never heard another word

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1417067111.265280.jpg
I started my golf cart helper today, nothing like downloading three DIADs every morning.

myUPS

Doesnt matter where your at, its on like Donkey Kong after black Friday and youll take your Bully Beatdown and like it son. Youll get plenty of hours and plenty of asczz whoopins sprinkled on your forehead. Welcome to hell son lol.
oh well... btw I am not a son. I am a female c :

9.5er

I had an older guy as a helper yesterday. He couldn't hear for chit. Had to repeat everything I told him. Also had to teach him how to use the diad. He said he had been on with 3 other drivers already.
He ran his :censored2: off though. So I can't complain too much.

had mine all week so far. 2-4 hour shifts, I love getting them when they worked last year,I didn't have to explain much and he hit the ground running. Will be a good peak for me!