Got put in for a sick day?

dddaannoo

If I'm posting this on the wrong area I apologize, but I'm just curious. Last week I asked if I could have last Thursday off if they had coverage... was told they did and I could have the day off for a doctors appointment. I just looked at my check and they put me in for a sick day even though I never Called out?

ManInBrown

You have to tell them in advance you don't want to use a sick day. If not they automatically put you in for one, if you have them available

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
If I'm posting this on the wrong area I apologize, but I'm just curious. Last week I asked if I could have last Thursday off if they had coverage... was told they did and I could have the day off for a doctors appointment. I just looked at my check and they put me in for a sick day even though I never Called out?
Thats why you always check the next say or friday to see what they put you in for. If i come in and they have extras n want a day off i always tell them ill take a layoff day n check on friday to double check to make sure they didnt something sheisty the day i was off lol.

UPSGUY72

How personal and sick days are used vary by center and the person taking the day off.

Next time you want a day off and not be paid tell them that and ask to be coded out as 26 no pay.

I combined 3 sick and 2 person days for a extra week of vacation so any time I take off now I make sure is coded out as 26 or I won't get paid for 1 week of vacation.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
How personal and sick days are used vary by center and the person taking the day off.

Next time you want a day off and not be paid tell them that and ask to be coded out as 26 no pay.

I combined 3 sick and 2 person days for a extra week of vacation so any time I take off now I make sure is coded out as 26 or I won't get paid for 1 week of vacation.
They used to just assume it was an option 3 or sick day on purpose I like code 26. Thanks.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Hm. Interesting. Just caught me off guard. Trying to save my sick days for if and when it actually snows in my area.
shm2.gif

You should probably stay home on the sunny days too !!!!

9.5er

Funny how different centers operate in so many different ways. My center puts you down for no pay unless you ask for them to use you sick day.