Gov wHitler Declares Michigan Is A Police State - Will Police Back Her?

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Some Michigan law enforcement agencies refusing to enforce Whitmer's coronavirus order

Some Michigan law enforcement agencies say they won't enforce Gov. Gretchen Whitmer's executive orders meant to combat the coronavirus pandemic. The orders have enraged the Republican-controlled legislature and led to armed protests as some residents grow impatient over statewide restriction measures and business closures.

Michigans-Democratic-Governor-Gretchen-Whitmer.jpg

floridays

I stand with my fellow citizens that love freedom, but this may need to run it's course, and it has a possibility of being not so pretty.
Gadsden-Flag.jpg

Gadsden-Flag.jpg

Attachments

• times-up.jpg
    times-up.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 181

Box Ox

Yeah. Staying at home / shutting down indefinitely to wait out the virus until a vaccine arrives is not a viable option. If the government wants people to comply they should have a hell of a lot better plan for them than total economic annihilation. Especially when it comes to the younger segments of the population. This is not the bubonic plague.

floridays

If the government wants people to comply

It is compelled in many jurisdictions, exactly where does this power come from?

I understand you are not advocating for it, I'm just asking the question.

A sad precedent has been set, a benchmark has been laid by government(s) and accepted by masses with little resistance.

A great portion of our fellow citizens have no regard for freedom or liberty.

My opinion, based on observation.

Yeah. Staying at home / shutting down indefinitely to wait out the virus until a vaccine arrives is not a viable option. If the government wants people to comply they should have a hell of a lot better plan for them than total economic annihilation. Especially when it comes to the younger segments of the population. This is not the bubonic plague.
No it is the trump plague. trump made a decision to let the 55 governors deal with this disaster.

Box Ox

No it is the trump plague. trump made a decision to let the 55 governors deal with this disaster.

Well I'm glad many of them might be coming up with something better than "Stay at home indefinitely" as advocated for by federal level health experts who have served through multiple administrations. They have a duty to say "No no no, don't open up. Ever. People will die".

While their advice is understandable given their specific positions, the nationwide response to the virus won't work its based only on their specific areas of expertise.

floridays

55 governors?
What happened have we lost some states since Obama was president?
He'd been to 57 states, 1 left to go.
His staff wouldn't let him go to Alaska or Hawaii. So we've lost 5 states?

Yeah baby.

floridays

55 governors?
What happened have we lost some states since Obama was president?
He'd been to 57 states, 1 left to go.
His staff wouldn't let him go to Alaska or Hawaii. So we've lost 5 states?

Yeah baby.

floridays

trump made a decision to let the 55 governors

55 governors is your number, 60 states would be Obama's number. The smartest guy in the world specifically said 57 states, you say 55 governors, when you guys square this let us all know.

I'm gonna give both of you a hand.
There are 100 Senators in the US Senate, each state is allocated two Senators and each has one governor.

Do the math.

bbsam

Staff member
There was a better plan. A certain administration decided to ignore it and eliminate it’s structure.

bbsam

Staff member
Well I'm glad many of them might be coming up with something better than "Stay at home indefinitely" as advocated for by federal level health experts who have served through multiple administrations. They have a duty to say "No no no, don't open up. Ever. People will die".

While their advice is understandable given their specific positions, the nationwide response to the virus won't work its based only on their specific areas of expertise.
Will you be glad when the infections spike again?

bbsam

Staff member
Will you be disappointed if they don’t?
Yes but not for completely political reasons.

This country is woefully unprepared for these infections and the healthcare system needs to be revamped. There is no way that an infection should cause this kind of mayhem. And we close down TO PROTECT THE FRAGILE HEALTHCARE system?!?
But we’ll never do anything until there comes a time when we’re stepping over the wheezing half dead in the streets.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Yes but not for completely political reasons.

This country is woefully unprepared for these infections and the healthcare system needs to be revamped. There is no way that an infection should cause this kind of mayhem. And we close down TO PROTECT THE FRAGILE HEALTHCARE system?!?
But we’ll never do anything until there comes a time when we’re stepping over the wheezing half dead in the streets.
Feeling disgusted today?

Box Ox

Will you be glad when the infections spike again?

The point of the stay at home efforts was never to stop infections. It was to keep the medical system from becoming overwhelmed. That’s been accomplished. In fact, many of my friends in medical professions fear for their jobs right now due to how slow things are.

We can be smart about this and protect the elderly while letting younger folks go back to work, or everyone can continue to hide out in their homes and be in for a terrible winter because immunity still won’t be widespread.

That’s drama queen stuff. If you’re younger and healthy, chances are you’ll be just fine. Protect the vulnerable and elderly and get back to work with masks on and distancing in place.

Are you really worried about this thing getting worse or are you worried about it getting better? Trump wins re-election if our economy isn’t completely destroyed over the next few months? We’re only 2 months into stay at home and 36.5 million+ Americans are already unemployed. This is not the Bubonic Plague.