Government Motors

Babagounj

Strength through joy
So where is that 30MPG pick-up ?
They have the technology, there is the demand for it, so why hasn't any manufacturer made it yet ?
Oh, but they have tried back in the 1980's and some are still around.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Need I say more ?

Your argument doesn't make sense.......who wrote the poem Trees? You can't change it, it'll always be James Joyce and he the one responsible.
Way back then, James Joyce TOOK CREDIT, and rightfully so.

What we know in history...like certain people doing certain things.......those don't change. If Bush put a fence on his property 18 years ago....guess what, he can take credit today for that feat. BUT, you can't blame James Joyce for the inability of Obama to lead.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Like everything new, the cost is high in the begining and lowers over time with competition and improvements.

In time, Alternative fuel vehicles will dominate the US landscape.

Peace.

Yeah, in over 50 years!!!! I don't think anyone wants a car that takes 13 years to break even on!

moreluck

golden ticket member
".............And you came to the conclusion it was the Volt that created this ? ....."(Klein)

Just buy the cheapest fire extinguisher you can find and be prepared.

klein

Für Meno :)
Not in our lifetimes........those past 55

20 years is a very long time, many things will change by then !
Mind you, with co-pay on Medicare, life expectancy will even become lower in the US, and some retirees will need to avoid seeing a doctor.

GM's way of pay back is like many private citizen's methods.........Get a new Visa to pay off your old Visa and now your original Visa bill is paid off !!! Not really!
Oh Girl, I played the " 0 % interest" game with CC cards after my divorce for two years and became debt free (except for my home, which is now paid off). But that isn't the same thing as the auto mfgs are doing, they are paying interst on their other loans.

klein

Für Meno :)
That 13 year figure is just based on gas consumption alone.
An electric motor doesn't need air filters changed, or oil filters/oil change, nor a timing belt, or anything really mechanical, not even a spark plug !
If you just add the oil changes every 3000 miles into it, I'm certain those years turn to less then 10 !
Everything else added, probably 7 or 8.

moreluck

golden ticket member
We never used to keep a car more than 5 years!!! Now we do, because we are happy with our models...(and they are paid for) Not wanting to take on a car payment!!

brett636

From your link :

And you came to the conclusion it was the Volt that created this ?

If you read a little further into you would see the volt caught fire again several days later. Also, the homemade EV was built several years ago, and the fire didn't come till after the volt was purchased.