Government Motors

klein

Für Meno :)
Not according to NBC Nightly News--turns out they are borrowing the money to repay the gov't loans.

So, it's no big deal is it ? UPS has debt, and so do most other companies.
People like Lucy should be happy, they no longer own the government. Seems, people like him won't touch a car that is partly owned by the US government.
So, Chrysler is acting upon that.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

So, it's no big deal is it ? UPS has debt, and so do most other companies.
People like Lucy should be happy, they no longer own the government. Seems, people like him won't touch a car that is partly owned by the US government.
So, Chrysler is acting upon that.

Well, it is a big deal in that they basically lied when they said they repaid the gov't loans. As More said, it is like paying off your Visa card with your Master Card.

klein

Oh gee, I think ordinary people do that all the time. Just think about tax time, when some people own big.
They put it on their credit card or go out and get a loan to pay their taxes !

They paid off the government, that's the main thing isn't it ?

moreluck

golden ticket member
NO, it isn't. How solvent does that make a company?? You don't think things through as evidenced by your career choices!!

klein

There are many people like you out there, that simply don't believe in re-financing, even though it could save people thousands of dollars on interest payments !

Babagounj

Strength through joy
The prius costs less ( $24,000 ) and gets more miles to the charge, so why would anyone want to pay $40,000 ( minus a $7500 tax credit ) plus $2500 for a home charging system for a car that is a lemon ?

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Like everything new, the cost is high in the begining and lowers over time with competition and improvements.

In time, Alternative fuel vehicles will dominate the US landscape.

Peace.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Alternate fuel vehicle have been around for decades.
The first automobiles that ran back in the early1900's were steam powered.
Electric vehicles were also very popular, as well as diesel, diesel electric, bio-diesel, and now solar.
Each type has it's good side and weakness.
The concept is not new, just the mandates.

klein

The prius costs less ( $24,000 ) and gets more miles to the charge, so why would anyone want to pay $40,000 ( minus a $7500 tax credit ) plus $2500 for a home charging system for a car that is a lemon ?

Depends, if you want to buy an extra car for long distances (vacations and so on), or if you just want 1 car that does it all !

I for one, won't buy nothing less then a microwave-convection oven combined.
I can bake, cook turkey, make pizzas, or just nuke something hot in it.
Well, guess what ? It cost more then just a nuker ! But, I'm happy with it (on my second one in 20 years) !

Now, ask yourself, why would I pay up to $900 for that, if I could get a cheap nuker for less then $100 !
The Volt will do good ! Canadians will buy them all :)

brett636

Depends, if you want to buy an extra car for long distances (vacations and so on), or if you just want 1 car that does it all !

I for one, won't buy nothing less then a microwave-convection oven combined.
I can bake, cook turkey, make pizzas, or just nuke something hot in it.
Well, guess what ? It cost more then just a nuker ! But, I'm happy with it (on my second one in 20 years) !

Now, ask yourself, why would I pay up to $900 for that, if I could get a cheap nuker for less then $100 !
The Volt will do good ! Canadians will buy them all :)

Then I foresee many garage fires in those same Canadians futures.