GPS on our power pads?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
He was also probably driving the "special" truck that you said was bugged and fitted with a hidden camera.

The account in question is huge, and covers an enormous area. It is delivered by RTDs in straight trucks or sometimes, tractor-trailers. The driver in question was a Heavyweight courier, who was directed by his manager to enter the delay/exception code off the premises of the consignee, but only on the days where he wasn't going to make it there by the cut-off. So, he stops as directed, enters the code off the premises, and the account wonders why everything shows "on-time" when it's delivered well after the negotiated extension. The :censored2: hits the fan, the manager denies directing the driver to do what he did, and GPS on his Powerpad shows him not on the property. 20+ year employee fired, and GFT thrown out because manager lied and above mentioned GPS "proof".

Ethical FedEx used to use the exception for everything, including FO, so they could save money by not sending 2 FO couriers (they sent none) to handle the 30-plus FO this stop got every day.

Eventually, the account discovered this as well, and then a few managers were gone.

McFeely

Huge Member
This should cause more P1 lates to actually hit Fred's wallet. Think of how many couriers get "creative" at 10:29, but no longer will if they know they might be caught/fired.

Which makes me wonder, what about the walkup pups that you get earlier in the day but have to wait on dispatch to send you a DADS? I don't always get those when I'm at the physical address.

I'm not one to falsify, but it seems there are plenty of legit times when a scan may not be at the physical address.

Express Courier

This should cause more P1 lates to actually hit Fred's wallet. Think of how many couriers get "creative" at 10:29, but no longer will if they know they might be caught/fired.

Which makes me wonder, what about the walkup pups that you get earlier in the day but have to wait on dispatch to send you a DADS? I don't always get those when I'm at the physical address.

I'm not one to falsify, but it seems there are plenty of legit times when a scan may not be at the physical address.

You can create a walkup pup in the powerpad. Hit Add Stop and then enter the info of the stop/walkup.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Dano -- I could see what MFE says. Every single time a PPAD reboots, if you watch the boot script, you'll see "ADDING GPS TO QUEUE" (or some variation of it).

Some of MFEs ideas are far-fetched. Mgmt being able to turn on the GPS on your PPAD is well within the realm of possibilities.

This also explains the new firmware load on the PPADs recently.

Oh, I know that. This has been in the works for some time. I just like poking fun at all of the crazy things he says (such as the presence of bugged trucks).

59 Dano

We received a handout explaining what they turned on and why. Pretty much it takes GPS snapshot every minute, and a snapshot when you del a pkg and at pups. It says mgmt can't see it for the time being, the only people that can is the engineers. It doesn't stay on for the whole day, his those quick snapshots. It says it doesn't record speed, but you could figure out how fast someone is going by taking a look at the snapshots and see if it's possible to get from point a to point b within the speed limits, since it records a location every minute.

It also takes snapshots when you open the address, scan the ASTRA, get the signature (or release), and close out the stop.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

You guys are about 5 years behind ups. Lol

59 Dano

Hopefully they can be freed up to find work elsewhere.

They can look at where you were when you requested the walkup. That's not going to be much of an issue since it's not really a concern now.

Managers won't have access to the information for a while. The info will be used primarily by engineering people and other related departments. Managers will get certain info if they need or if those using the data notice certain things. If you're doing things by the book, then it won't affect you. If you get creative every now and then, it could be an issue.

If you're scanning whatever you want, whenever and wherever you want, you can't win. If you keep doing that, they'll have plenty of proof. If you abruptly start playing by the book and suffer a significant dropoff in productivity or service, that's a nice chunk of proof of what you've been doing -- and that's what they are looking for right off the bat.

Star B

White Lightening
You guys are about 5 years behind ups. Lol
We're a thousand years behind you in employee pay and benefits. I hope that the workforce gets a backbone as soon as they start nitpicking us as much as they do you.

UPS-style nitpicking requires UPS wages.

If you get creative every now and then, it could be an issue.
If your manager requests you to get creative... what do you do? Go against their wishes and hope that they don't paint a huge target on your back?

I mean, if we had a union or something to back us couriers up that had teeth (GFT doesn't really count as it's not third party.), then I'd be all for standing up to your manager every time. Right now, standing up to your manager could mean being shown the express way to unemployment. Yes, it sounds like I'm saying bend over every single time they tell you to... but I'm not trying to make it seem that way... but unless you've got the spare cash to lawyer up against X.... it's hard to have a fair shake all the time.

Last edited: