GPS vs MAPS

WTFm8

You print out all of those maps on the clock?

I hope so or he/she is doing free work... our BA said to start filing on other members working prior to shift-start, especially the drivers that come in 30-60min early and are in a full sweat/hald soaked shirt at startup because they were organizing their truck off the clock.

Froome

Okay, I'll let you all in on a secret. Go to the fire station. They have a msp of every street with every address in detail in a giant binder. Need a map, ask them, most will let you copy your area if you need it. Old school.

Froome

I fon't know if this still exists since they updated orion. You used to be able to highlight the street name and instead of hitting big arrow down and entering tracking number, hit little arrow down and you would get the original rdo, route delivery order. You could scroll up or down and it would tell you what streets are near the one you highlighted. Was great when you got a split or were not sure where the street was. You scrolled untl you found a street you knew and went from there. No gps needed.

bumped

I fon't know if this still exists since they updated orion. You used to be able to highlight the street name and instead of hitting big arrow down and entering tracking number, hit little arrow down and you would get the original rdo, route delivery order. You could scroll up or down and it would tell you what streets are near the one you highlighted. Was great when you got a split or were not sure where the street was. You scrolled untl you found a street you knew and went from there. No gps needed.

Still in there...I used it last week

Arch

Learning by maps is better, but there are things a GPS with do better. Maps can be outdated. So if there are new streets a GPS is more likely to find it for you while the map your using stays outdated. Also when delivering a misload or delivering in the dark with poor street visibility a GPS will come in handy. In this case typing in an address is faster then pulling out a map to pin point where your at and where you need to go is a lot slower. And then you'll have to be thinking where to have to turn, head straight, etc, before you even get there.

I dont think Saturday Ground is possible without GPS unless you already know the whole center by heart. It's too cluster :censored2: trying to determine how to run it when everything is spread out in miles.

WTFm8

I dont think Saturday Ground is possible without GPS unless you already know the whole center by heart. It's too cluster :censored2: trying to determine how to run it when everything is spread out in miles.

Saturday air is the best. 5-6 drivers doing 3/4 of my county. I program 10 stops at a time into Google Maps and play it over my bouetooth speaker along with music. Get done in 2.25-2.5 and tell the supervisor to change my puchout time for the 3 hour guarantee.

oldngray

nowhere special
Using the DOL? Few people know how to do that.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
I used to do split cars that would have three towns in three different counties on it before GPS. Do the best you can until you learn the area. Screw their numbers and how you run. Do the best you can. Stop running crap by GPS and learn the area. Maybe they won't send you out blown out if you took your time and really learn where you are going. Never kown a single person get in real trouble for running like crap at UPS

oldngray

nowhere special
I used to do split cars that would have three towns in three different counties on it before GPS. Do the best you can until you learn the area. Screw their numbers and how you run. Do the best you can. Stop running crap by GPS and learn the area. Maybe they won't send you out blown out if you took your time and really learn where you are going. Never kown a single person get in real trouble for running like crap at UPS
Says the expert on crap.